The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fan belt: how much should I pay to...

turbonut

...get said belt fitted as I wrestled with a ratchet unsuccessfuly last weekend :aggress: to no avail, even with my honed and toned muscles :eyebrows:

Going to a garage where I had work done on previous car, seem genuine guys, as its only a 10 or 15 min job and I'm supplying the belt, wot should I pay for labour?? no rude suggestions either :tongue::spank: know wot some of you are like ;)

ta chaps :thumbs:

It's a very easy job and as you say, not more than 15mins. My local garage (and Phoenix) charges 30 minutes minimum, so, probably around the £15-20 mark for labour...

Either that or buy a longer breaker bar or ratchet for a tenner, do the job yourself and treat yourself to £10 of chocolate ;)

It's a very easy job and as you say, not more than 15mins. My local garage (and Phoenix) charges 30 minutes minimum, so, probably around the £15-20 mark for labour...

Either that or buy a longer breaker bar or ratchet for a tenner, do the job yourself and treat yourself to £10 of chocolate ;)

:D cheers hun. maybe that tenner of chocolate will give me enough weight to put behind the breaker bar :p

Lx

You should have said, when you came down.

I would have done it for you.

Hi Ibrar

cheers mate but wanted to have a go myself, just didnt have the breaker bar....or the strength :(

thanks for cam/valve cover btw, almost finished spraying up, looks tidy :D

Lx