The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does this look right?

krboyd7

Probably had a respray at some point. The Silver (I99) is very hard to colour match and when respray the urethane bumper it can be hard to get a perfect match.

Also I'm not sure if it's the angle or not but that rear spoiler doesn't look standard it looks like one of the bigger ones.

Might be wrong on this one, but don't the front and rear bumpers come pre-painted? If ones been swapped straight onto a car it won't really match up.

It's very common though, many of the silver Supra's I've seen don't have exact matches on the front and rear bumpers.

there is a little diffrence in colour when you spray plastic than metal so it might just be that or its had a rear bumper off another supe so look for damage in the boot and underneath, it might have been hit up the arse, best bet is to go and have a look at it, have a look at my sliver supe in my garage

Most manufactures have a load of pre-painted bumpers in stock then add them to the car once it has been painted, so eventhough the colours are from the same code etc... they are not always from the same mix hence the slight colour difference. :)

My white one is the same. Bumper slightly different to the body.

I was talking to a guy in a body shop a couple of weeks ago getting a price to respray my bumper and a couple of other bits. He said that it is almost impossible to get the bumper exactly the same colour as the car. In fact he had a peugeot there that was their courtesy car that he had just resprayed and the bumper was a slightly different shade of green.:)

Guest neonxiii

It happens with all colors. Plastic and Metal are completely different, so in certain angles and light, the colors on plastic will normally be a shade lighter than metal.