The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supe Grounded

chilly

Just grounded the Supe going over a steel bollard that was laid flat on the road.

Fooking furious, scraping sound, then stopped dead, had to wheel spin like mad to get off it.

Looks like its damaged the Cat casing, but wont know until its jacked.

If its knacked, how much for a new one/second hand plse??

What would worry me with this sort of thing is that it's yanking on the turbos, manifold etc, isn't it?

I wish it had turbos mate.

It sounds ok when running, the exhaust sounds angry anyway, so will have to get it jacked up to check the damage

I wish it had turbos mate.

D'oh! Can't we just call them "nonturbos"?

e.g.

Just grounded the nonturbo going over a steel bollard that was laid flat on the road.

Fooking furious, scraping sound, then stopped dead, had to wheel spin like mad to get off it.

;) :p

:Popcorn:

:duel:

:p

Feel for you though fellah but it looks quite low from your pics. Is it on adjustable coilovers? If so you could adjust the height at the back a tad :search:

I got mine on a ramp a couple of months back and noticed a dent on the 2nd decat pipe about the width of a 50p and 3mm deep but no noticeable probs. Check the rubber mounts holding the back box onto the bracket are both there - well, if only one, try and squeeze another on. Wont make a huge difference but taking it up a few mil more would be useful. Get them from Halfrauds for pennies

Lx

:Popcorn:

:duel:

:p

Feel for you though fellah but it looks quite low from your pics. Is it on adjustable coilovers? If so you could adjust the height at the back a tad :search:

I got mine on a ramp a couple of months back and noticed a dent on the 2nd decat pipe about the width of a 50p and 3mm deep but no noticeable probs. Check the rubber mounts holding the back box onto the bracket are both there - well, if only one, try and squeeze another on. Wont make a huge difference but taking it up a few mil more would be useful. Get them from Halfrauds for pennies

Lx

Many thanks for the advice. I'll check it out at the weekend.