The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I just had to...

Delfin

... Ventilate my mind a bit. Story is:

I bought my Supra from Paul (Whifbitz) about two months ago. Drove it home, loved it, and everything seemed perfect. In fact, everything was perfect, until one day I took the car out and first thing I did was jam my right foot down.

This resulted in a nasty oil leak. After some searches and a bit of begging for help here and over at Swedish Supra forums, I got an idea of what was wrong, sent the car over to the local Toyota garage, and they fixed it (I would try to explain what was wrong but my english skills doesn't really allow me too :(). Along with changing headlights, adjusting them and re-filling oils.

All fine.

I drove the car home, it was pissing down (we're having the worst summer ever here in Sweden) so I drove reeaaally slow. Day after that, I thought what the heck, I'll go out and see if the car is all right.

It wasn't.

When the second turbo spooled up the engine started to misfire (I didn't know that at the time, got told later on) and the revs went up and down. I was devastated, thinking of ways how to hide the bodys of the Toyota mechanics after I've let my fists show them how to violently re-shape human facial tissue.

As usual, I went straight home and made a post here, PMd Paul and asked for help at the Swedish forums. Some advices richer I went back to the car and started to figure out how to work the good 'ol Apexi BC. Took me about five minutes to realize nothing was wrong, they (the mechanics) had just turned the boost level to max, around 1.5-1.6 bar. Those darn thoughts came back.

I turned it back, tested the car, all good.

Now, everything is in order, time for registration so I can finally drive the damned thing! Picked up the phone, some "You're number blablabla in line, please hold" later I booked a time. Two weeks later! What the heck, better than nothing I thought.

Time went by, and as my registration was coming up I did my daily Supra forum reading to keep filling up my knowledge. Then, I read a thread over at the swedish forums, about the registration process. Sentences like "Oh car must be completely stock", "Whaaat, open air filter? Never!", "Did you get those extra papers from Toyota in Sweden, to add to your V5C?" appeared. Panic.

One day left, and I'm not sure what to do. Do I take a chance, do I get another time, is there someone willing to lend the missing stock parts?

There wasn't. Don't worry thou, you don't need those extra papers, you can just give them the reg number of another Supra, someone said. I booked another time, waited another week, and woooah, this time it's on!

But no. You really do need those papers. Bummer. Booking #2 wasted.

Then, out of nowhere (or well, out of the Swedish Supra forums actually) came a frienly soul who offered his help for a small sum of money. Apparently, his business is to find, import and register cars for people, or along those lines. Why didn't I know that?

So, we arranged for me to take the car over to him, about one hour drive, then he works out everything and the car will be all set the day after, Swedish plates and all. Yesterday, I left the car with him, he had an impressive garage, 3-4 Supras, a Porsche, a Ferrari. Woah. This is looking good!

Woke up today. Called him. Bad news.

"There seems to be a problem with your V5C..."

Some genious at the DVLA had apparently misread the JZA~ chassis number for J2A. The car was all ready to go, everything taken care of. Then this.

Here's where I am now. I've emailed the DVLA, Paul has offered me to send the papers back, and the helpfull soul arranging the registration will also call around to some people.

Still, I'm so down. The summer is passing by in no time (a shitty one but summer none the less), soon my vacation is out, and my Supra is just standing outside, being washed now and then. I'm sure this will be all worked out, but I can't help it, it just feels so damn typhical.

Oh well, rant's over. If you read all this way, congratulations! :) Sorry for attempting a world record in post length, I guess on the other half I don't post as often as you ;).

Thanks for a great forum!

Cheers,

Calle

Sorry to hear you nightmare but dont worry as im sure all will be ok in the end and you will fall in love with your supra.

Also your not the only one having a really bad summer. We have to use boats to get to work at the moment :lol:

Sorry to hear you nightmare but dont worry as im sure all will be ok in the end and you will fall in love with your supra.

Also your not the only one having a really bad summer. We have to use boats to get to work at the moment :lol:

I'm sure of it too, one day... One day ^^. Haha, well, then I guess your Supe isn't of much use either ;).