The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how offten do u drive ur pride an joy

Guest Ghett0Smurf

Guest Ghett0Smurf

hey guys how often do u drive ur supras?? coz from the fuel consumsion thread it dont seem like they do much to a full tank :(:( there goes my plan of having it as an everyday car

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use it around two or three time's a week. The good thing is that it feels special every time I get in it now. :)

:yeahthat:

By only using her as a weekend toy, I haven't felt the urge to spend silly money modifying her. Compared to the daily drive she flies in stock form!

hey guys how often do u drive ur supras?? coz from the fuel consumsion thread it dont seem like they do much to a full tank :(:( there goes my plan of having it as an everyday car
Mine's my everyday car. :shrug:

I'm starting a new job tomorrow and will be using it to do the 75mile round trip commute.

What's the point of having a Supra if you aren't going to use it?

If I decide to not use the Supra for getting to work I may as well flog it.

I'm guessing from the (u,ur,coz) lowercase chav-speak that you're quite young though. Maybe you should wait until you're a bit older and can afford the running costs?

Every day. I've only got a stock n/a but still get crap mpg :(. I can never understand these guys on here with absolutely awesome machines, thousands of pounds spent on them, and they only get to drive them at the weekend.:blink: If it's not raining!?!?:rolleyes:

Help me out here guys. How do you get up in the morning and think: "Mmmm I don't think I'll take the Supra to work this morning I'll take the Micra/corsa/mondeo/etc".

If I had a car like some of you have I'd make excuses to drive it at every opportunity.:eyebrows:

I can never understand these guys on here with absolutely awesome machines, thousands of pounds spent on them, and they only get to drive them at the weekend.:blink: If it's not raining!?!?:rolleyes:

Help me out here guys. How do you get up in the morning and think: "Mmmm I don't think I'll take the Supra to work this morning I'll take the Micra/corsa/mondeo/etc".

If I had a car like some of you have I'd make excuses to drive it at every opportunity.:eyebrows:

You have a good point Tony and I largely agree with you. The only thing is that I don't really want to rack up loads of miles on my nice Supra by sitting in commuter traffic. You can't really enjoy a big power Supe when you're stuck in a traffic jam.

Here's my reasons\excuses.

1. Triple plate clutch sucks in traffic

2. CONSTANT attention

3. Can't keep off the loud pedal so obscenely low mpg

4. 15mins of my drive to work is country roads with potholes and narrow lanes, and I value my paintwork.

5. Fair weather only for me as I have no traction control. This is my preference but would be daft to take it out in the rain with no TC and big wide tyres, if it came on boost I'd be facing the wrong way in an instant :)

You have a good point Tony and I largely agree with you. The only thing is that I don't really want to rack up loads of miles on my nice Supra by sitting in commuter traffic. You can't really enjoy a big power Supe when you're stuck in a traffic jam.

True, some people may have company cars and my missus doesn't like the Supra...she's says it encourages me to drive like a t**t.:)

True,but it hurts when a twat in a Boxter screams(shuffles)past and as you floor it-you realise your in the wifes Micra/corsa/fiesta etc :D

Every day. I've only got a stock n/a but still get crap mpg :(. I can never understand these guys on here with absolutely awesome machines, thousands of pounds spent on them, and they only get to drive them at the weekend.:blink: If it's not raining!?!?:rolleyes:

A couple of reasons for me:

bucket seats - not the most comfortable for everyday driving

clutch - not the best in traffic

fuel - if I drive that much I wil be broke (cheaper to buy run-a-round and use that mostly)

damage - less change of it being damaged, car park, stupid ender bender, etc

and the last and most important point

I hate trains -> if I drove my supra everyday, I would most definitely end up without a license :p :D

sure theres more though ;)

True, some people may have company cars and my missus doesn't like the Supra...she's says it encourages me to drive like a t**t.:)

Funnily enough my wife said the same thing,i then took her out in a few other cars and she stopped blaming the supe:d

True,but it hurts when a twat in a Boxter screams(shuffles)past and as you floor it-you realise your in the wifes Micra/corsa/fiesta etc :D

I have to say, everyone I have come up against in my car has taken one look and decided not to play :( Well, apart from the sales rep in the Z4M - he soon learnt what fast really is ;) But otherwise they leave me alone :( Pulled onto a dual carriageway few weeks ago alongside a new DB9 Vantage, nope he wouldn't bite :search:

A couple of reasons for me:

bucket seats - not the most comfortable for everyday driving

clutch - not the best in traffic

fuel - if I drive that much I wil be broke (cheaper to buy run-a-round and use that mostly)

damage - less change of it being damaged, car park, stupid ender bender, etc

and the last and most important point

I hate trains -> if I drove my supra everyday, I would most definitely end up without a license :p :D

sure theres more though ;)

Car park dings:bang:

I have to say, everyone I have come up against in my car has taken one look and decided not to play :( Well, apart from the sales rep in the Z4M - he soon learnt what fast really is ;) But otherwise they leave me alone :( Pulled onto a dual carriageway few weeks ago alongside a new DB9 Vantage, nope he wouldn't bite :search:

Not being funny 'cos I really don't know. Could you have taken the DB9?

Well I would hope so, but sure would've been fun to find out - and the noise would've been petrolhead heaven :love: Singled Supra on full chat with the DB9 barking away :)

Cool!:cool: That's it . I've made up my mind . I'm keeping mine for a year and then sellin it and getting a TT.

I'm fed up with looking good and going slow. I want to look good and kick ass!:eyebrows: Maybe not DB9s but you've got to start somewhere;):D