The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie here...lol

Guest kierash

Guest kierash

Hi guys, new to the forum, but am not new to jap performance cars, have had mk3 supra and up until recently a 300zx, however have decided to moveon to pastures new.....have been looking at the following mk4 supra.....thoughs please as I know nothing about the mk4....ebay no 140136850557

thanks

Pete

Welcome to the club!:D

Ebay Linky

I haven't yet had a look at the ad.....:)

Edit: That went for very very little for a TT!! If you can get one that cheap, I'd probably be a little suspicious.

Edit the Edit :D: I've not seen that rear spoiler before, but he claims it's a factory option.

Overall, from that ad, I'd say it looked an OK car. I assume it wasn't you who won the auction?

What are looking for? TT/NA? Aerotop? Auto/Manual? Any idea on budget? There's always some very nice examples in the For Sale section on here!

Guest kierash

the guys just mailed me to ask if I'd be interested if the winner backs out "Female and down south" were his words, Supra's price bracket seems to swing widely so I wasn't sure what to think tbh. his write up seems fairly genuine and I have his mobile number...I though I'd seek "expert" opinion :)

thanks

Pete

Guest kierash
Whats a JZA?

:welcome: btw

not a clue......typo "gza". I honestly know nothing about these cars.Ask me about a mk3 soop or a zed and no problem.

If you got it for the price its at, its a good price. If your looking to modify the car are you wanting to save money and find one already done or happy to build it up yourself?

Engine wise standard is good (280bhp - 300BHP) you'd hope it hasnt been abused as much and for about £1000 you can go BPU

ohh and Welcome

Guest kierash

No, I didn't win it, tho the guy has mailed me, as for modifications I'm not too fussed, have always maintained and modified cars myself, but I'm keeping my options open atm.

Oh and thanks for the welcome :D

Guest kierash
Yeah JZA is the body shape, MKIV being JZA80 :)

argh...I was talking engines....lol. never even thought about shape:innocent:

think the mk3 is a 7mgte .....iirc

And MK4 TT is 2JZ-GTE and the n/a is 2JZ-GE

Have a look in the supra guides on here and all will be revealed but keep posting up any that take your fancy and people will cast the trained eyes over them. If you goto look at one in person take a camera and post up as many as you can on here.

And if someone is local to a car then maybe if you ask nicely im sure they wouldnt mind having a peep for you.