The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na - Tt

boombastictiger

How exactly is this done? Is it adding 2 turbos to the existing NA engine, or is it swapping the NA engine for a TT engine?

What other parts would need to be altered/changed/upgraded?

Heard price quotes on here for about 3k...which isnt to bad.

It is full engine swap, ECU swap and optionally gearbox and clutch swap. AFAIK gearbox is additional 2.5k if you do not have 6 speed one.

Yup, complete swap of the TT engine, box, ecu etc. We've done a couple of 5 speed TT conversions, and i was driving one on test today. Absolutely brilliant fun to drive! We also had some custom clutch plates made up at helix on Silverstone curcuit, so our 'own' 5 speed clutches can handle 500bhp and 500torques. :D

The clutch might but the gearbox won't. Not for long anyway.

I know this. We recommend the 5 speed box as a stop gap until the customer/us sources a Getrag unit. The W58 / R154 is fine on stock TT with Cats still in etc, but I wouldnt want to go bpu on it.

Yup, complete swap of the TT engine, box, ecu etc. We've done a couple of 5 speed TT conversions, and i was driving one on test today. Absolutely brilliant fun to drive! We also had some custom clutch plates made up at helix on Silverstone curcuit, so our 'own' 5 speed clutches can handle 500bhp and 500torques. :D

How much does a typical job cost?

how much would it cost to have a manual 6speed gearbox fitted along with the rest of the job approximatly

£5750 for a full 6 speed TT conversion. Unless you were 5 speed NA to start with, £4000 if you're already 5 speed.

I wondered that, if there was a real low mileage one sure it would be more that 3k fitted :)?

hjezzy says its all 3k for engine with under 80k on the clock. and extra 2.5kish for a 6 speed conversion. adrian flux told me i had no chance. so looks like im gnna have to sell up and get a tt. Love the car to bits though :( and i would really want a manual but thats gnna be like 9/10 k!

With the engine swap, what will be the condition and/or age of the TT engine? Will the price vary according to the condition milage etc of the engine?

We only use sub 80k engines for the conversion. ;)

I wondered that, if there was a real low mileage one sure it would be more that 3k fitted :)?

Nope, £3k even if the engine had 20k on it. :)

hjezzy says its all 3k for engine with under 80k on the clock. and extra 2.5kish for a 6 speed conversion. adrian flux told me i had no chance. so looks like im gnna have to sell up and get a tt. Love the car to bits though :( and i would really want a manual but thats gnna be like 9/10 k!

Adrian flux suck the big one! The few people on here that have had the conversion carried out had no major issues with insurance. :search: