The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello people black rz single turbo

n boost

just joined the club and wanted to say hello to everybody.

i guess we all have one thing in common, love supras. great minds think alike.

I have a 96 rz 6 spd in black, which i have fitted a hks To4r single turbo, 650cc sard injectors, sard ecu piggybanked by e manage etc.

Interior i have fitted tenzo r bucket seats, b&m,momo,blitz dials and sbc id etc.

She sits on tien superstreet & pillowball mounts,fr &rr braces etc.

356 mm 8 pot k sport brakes and ds2500 pads.

exterior has top secret bumper, spoiler? veilside spats,etc. I have had all the fitting done with help from a friend and has been dynoed/mapped at 519hp and 477tq at the hubs.

Will post photos when i get some time, great site good luck to all.

thanks everybody, feel right at home now.

Yeh the rear wing is a bit like marmite. I like it because its individual. Its got loads of other mods, fidanza flywheel,Helix clutch, rebuilt g/box, Diff etc.

Rob, emails were sent by accident, sorry mate (long story).

I see. I'm sure I've seen a plate very like that on a Supra on here.

Kudos to you for mapping it yourself matey. Do you have previous experience mapping cars? It's all a bit of a mystery to me TBH.

Hopefully the new cams will garner you some extra torque but 470odd isn't to be sniffed at.

Anyway, best of luck with it mate. Keep us posted of your progress, won't you?

Congrats for doing the work yourself. Another single turbo DIYer here ;) Though I did get someone else in to map it, standalones are way beyond me!

Have you used an XS power kit on the manifold and oil feed/returns? The only reason I ask is we've had some recent issues mentioned here with *some* XS kit, particularly the quality control of their manifold - some appear to have a VERY badly designed pipe to the wastegate, so just be sure to watch for that.

Also, if that was dyno'd on Thor's hub dyno (which pretty much everyone agreed is measuring FW, not hub power), then the power seems a bit on the low side. What boost pressure was that taken at?

Edit - bah too slow, ignore the last paragraph.

hi guys.

I have owned mainly Nissans as this my first Toyota. Done plenty of nissans(s14,s13, r32, pulsars) for friends and locals and am known locally. As this im my first toyota its bit of a learning curve but am getting there, slowly but surely. Always used E manage as all friends cars are mainly road cars and is pretty cheap.

Homer mate, I did use the xs power manifold and wastegate and yes i do have an overboosting problem. I will be taking the manilfold of soon and try grinding the welds and maybe modify the dump pipe. I have already pulled the wastegate of to grease up the shaft etc. You get what u pay for , can't turn back time would not have bought it. Dyno figures were at hubs @ 1.35 bar.