The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are you ever happy with your Supra?

Jake

Over 20k spent now and finally I'm pretty happy with my car:

At last it's mapped well for the GT40 and seems to be running great.

The new turbo seems better suited to the car than the old one.

I've swapped the 19" wheels for 18" Lexus ones and the handling is good.

All I need now is :

• a stock flywheel and uprated clutch so I can dump the OSGiken gear that is getting on my tits because of the gearbox rattle it causes.
  • The suspension raised a bit so I can drive out of my road without decking the bumper every time. And a geometry reset to suit.
  • A flexy section put into the downpipe, the wastegate recirculated into the exhaust and a DP/gearbox support bracket so I can stop worrying about all that weight of exhaust/WG/turbo/etc being supported only by the tubular manifold.

Then just a front end respray to get rid of the stonechips and I'll be satisfied.

Oh, and a decent stereo and speakers.

And a seat retrim would be nice.

Never ending innit? Bloody cars.

:banghead:

No wonder my Mrs hates the damn thing :D

Happy with mine-but then it is standard:d

I concur! There's a few issues I would like/need to sort out before I can consider modifying her, but having spent the last 6 years driving a 60hp corsa, a stock TT is more than fast enough for me at the moment!!

I'm loving mine :D

All I need is:

- wierd intermittant loss of power at 1-1.1k fixed

- new 3.5 bar map sensor and minor high boost remap

- backlash taken out of diff

Nothing major really, otherwise it's more than I could ever wish for :cool:

in 18 months of ownership i have never been unhappy with my supra. it has never let me down has never had anything go wrong atall. i cant think of anything under 10k i would rather drive and i think it has perfect mods for a combination of reliability+performance. i have been thinking of going single but latley ive read of so much hassle it had finally put me off for sure

my spec is uk auto full bpu inc fmic,turbo timer,boost gauge,bilstein eibach suspension,goodridge brakelines.18 wheels,rltc

well just over 2 years, and and over 40k:rolleyes: i know i know i keep changing my mind on things:) i have been unhappy more than happy, friday it is finaly done,(i hope) well a boot build and maybe a bit of paint on the front bumper:d then i will be happy, although still toying with the idea of buying another stock one and starting again from scratch, (with a little bit more knolledge than last time):D

Glad to hear you think you're almost there Jake :D

I'm still a little despondant with mine and I'm concentrating on the MR2 at the moment cos I need to get that done for Jap Performance feature, but I'm chipping away at the Supra. Not a long way off now, cure my loss in spool and a few other odds and sods, then I think I'm done. Just need a summer to enjoy it :rolleyes:

I am very very happy with mine.

I tend to sway back and forth but that's not really to do with the car - more losing interest in slightly impractical cars and thinking about something like a diesel astra. Then a little burn up with a bike or a supercar of some sort makes me see sense again!

Got some BPU+++ tuning planned to get a bit more poke and need to tidy my FMIC ducting and I think I'll be happy.

Editted:

Over 20k spent now and finally I'm pretty happy with my car:

Jake what have you spent £20k on!!!!

I concur! There's a few issues I would like/need to sort out before I can consider modifying her, but having spent the last 6 years driving a 60hp corsa, a stock TT is more than fast enough for me at the moment!!

Got those centre caps Rich......:D

I absolutely love my car. After 5 months of ownership I have corrected all those little things that annoyed me when I got her. All I now need is a massive dose of power from someshere.....;)

H.

I absolutely love my car. After 5 months of ownership I have corrected all those little things that annoyed me when I got her. All I now need is a massive dose of power from someshere.....;)

H.

And there lies the problems:d

They were on my "to do" list for this summer, but a change of circumstances down here has meant I've suddenly decided to buy a house :rolleyes:

Which means I have no money now for sorting out the Supra :(

Apart from the aircon and the valve stem oil seals she's mechanically sound, so I can still enjoy her despite the fact I know about all the little niggles :D

Over 25k and she doesnt even work. Loads more to go.

Sort the engine out.

Sort the interior out, dash seats etc

Full re-spray (same colour)

Suspension

Then i think i will be there

only another 20k needed

Well I'm getting there.

Need to get my skirts and spats repaired/resprayed/refitted, hopefuly getting a (new) 2nd hand exhaust and maybe a brake upgrade,and then perhaps an e manage installed next year.Edit to add and water/meth ERL system installed and runn off the emanage

Oh and get my afr wb02 sensor and egt probe correctly installed. :rolleyes: and find out why my jspec TT BPU won't boost past 1bar. :shrug:

My new suspension bits from Nic should be here any day now, although it'd be nice if a) Parcelforce updated their delivery tracking a bit more and b) they show up this week as I've got it off to fit the stuff!

And my new wheels that don't corrode or leak air, and they are much lighter so that'll improve matters :D

Once those two things are done I'll be happy again :) Although I'm still loving it even now.

And I should be getting a water injector rig off ERL via Chris Wilson at some point too, so that'll give me something to fiddle with.

It does need a wash though, grrrr.

-Ian

I sudder to think how much i've spent :( I have it all on a speadsheet but have the total on another page for when im feeling really brave :D but its no where near yet how i want it! Next for me is:

1) Engine rebuild

2) BL gearbox + TC

3) New front bumper and respray

4) All the new bushes etc

5) Remapping

6) Loads of interior stuff new pilar pods etc etc

7) Refurbish my Lexus alloys

8) remount the incarpc

And that's just the things i can think of off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong the car drives excellently but its just not as i want. Sometimes i do think i should of stayed stock :( But then the boost kicks in :D

Guest Chumpalot
Like all enthusiasts of anything...there will always be something to tweak or isn't quite right.

exactly.

I'm sure all of us (or at least those who's cars actually run) could quite easily leave them as they are and they'd be fine. However, as Pete said, being an 'enthusiast' usually means you'll never truly be content with your car. This isn't a bad thing, just means they're extremeley well looked after and cared for.

I've pretty much finished with the styling on mine. There's just a few bits and bobs that need doing to get it perfect. I'm on the lookout for a UK bonnet and perhaps some Do-Luck skirts if any come up. Also on the hunt for some UK headlights. Then there's just the usual touch ups to do around the car, small scratches here and there and the odd dent etc...

I can't see it ever being finished. But I'll get as close as i possibly can to it :)