The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How can I tell A Uk from A jspec TT?

Sparky

Hi all. As above im looking for a Uk spec TT but although I know some of the diferences between the Jspec and the Uk spec I still look at them on pistonheads and autotrader and cant figure out which is which! Anyone got any tips?

Guest CoolsBlue

ok, uk spec, back lights are layed different to standard supra type, uk spec has a vent on the bonnet, and a washer under each headlamp on the bumpers, and have a cream interior

Well no, 'cos loads of things in that list aren't differences as such. Many of those things are found on plenty of j-spec Supras.

Yep, your right. That "Rare UK Spec includes" list is a list of those things found as standard on a UK car. Some of these things are available as options as j-spec.

This is kinda a hijack SOZ! but if your j-spec lights get old and you want to replace them can you use uk lights? This will confuse people more 'is that a uk or j-spec' from the outside lol

Yes. Many people 'upgrade' to glass headlights because they don't go yellow. They look identical other than that they're made of glass (and have a slight bulge) though so I don't know how anybody would tell by looking. I'd rather upgrade to facelift lights since it takes 10 years for them to go yellow anyway and they look a hundred times better.