The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need more BHP in my N/A

supra steveo

after being away from my car for so long i went for a drive last night and it seemed like every one wanted a shot, had a porsche kill me at the lights then had a Beemer bliping his throttle beside me then a merc did the same the merc driver was funny though he had a mad 70s haircut and he thought he was cool :rlol:i just shook my head at him, how ever this made me think i really need something faster like a TT engine to into my motor ive nearly got the motor looking the way i want it so i am not getting rid of it, are NA/T`s any good and would they rip a N/A auto box apart?

i just wanna go FAST!!!!

tn_wallC800x600.jpg

Toyota thought of this... and they put turbos in!! ;)

I'm not having a pop at NA owners at all, its just tuning NA's is very cost inefficient. To get any real gains you have to spend shed loads of money. This is from experience, I have wasted loads of money trying to squeeze ponies out of cars I have owned in the past. In every case I ended up changing the engine for larger displacement.

Best way to gain BHP IMO would be to sling a TT engine in yours. And then you could BPU this as well.

NA-T is obviously more expensive but could get you more power but you will nearly double your BHP figure with a BPU TT so do you really need more? (I'm trying to convince myself that I don't!!! but not working too well!)

Best way to gain BHP IMO would be to sling a TT engine in yours. And then you could BPU this as well.

And what about the loom and all the sensors ? It's not as easy as just transplating the 2JZ-GTE lump AFAIK. As half the NA owners on here would've done it by now.

If you want cheap bang for buck - Nitrous.

Yeah I know its not as easy as plug and play but its the best value for money. Nitrous is cool too but its something else you have to fill up.

No, I don't think it is best VFM. Otherwise alot people wouldn't have gone down the NA-T route! ;)

And what about the loom and all the sensors ? It's not as easy as just transplating the 2JZ-GTE lump AFAIK. As half the NA owners on here would've done it by now.

If you want cheap bang for buck - Nitrous.

Transplanting a GTE engine in to an NA is quite a straight forward job. There are quite a few members who have done this conversion already including myself. Jezzybabes now offers this service also.

£4800 tuned with everything you need for 400-450, if you wish to go higher to 550hp , you need a new gearbox.

Blimey! That's cheap. What turbo ? What intercooler ? What injectors ? I spent abit more than that on mine done properly. And mine was a TT -> T61.

Surely it's better and cheaper to just sell the NA and buy a TT?

yeah but it can take ages to sell. and lets say you get 4.5k for the n/a plus the 3 grand thats only 7.5k. Some people can grow attached to there cars having sorted all the little problems and don't want to have to start it all over again.

The major downside in the long run of going na-tt is insurance and almost certainly selling it on!