The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tinted rear lights

Guigsy

I woke up today and with nothing to do set about trying to think about something i could do to the car. Ive always fancied a pair of these dark rear lights.

http://miami-gt.co.uk/store/images/PIC00003.jpg

But not for 150 quid!

So off i popped down to halfrauds and got some window tint.

I just so happened to have a pair of pre-facelift rear lights. So i could fiddle without having the lights out of the car.

I read the instructions quickly thoroughly and then put them in the bin next to me for reference later.

Now i know tint is supposed to go on the inside but i didnt fancy taking them appart. But i think they look quite nice. I doubt they will hold up to the elements. but ill try fitting them and see how they go. i can always swap them over and maybe use some spray tint.

Just wondered what you guys think.

Obviously there is a bit of tape as the 2nd one had some issues and the bubbles refused to go. :p

I didnt want totaly black ones just slightly darker. Im quite pleased. just hope they hold up :)

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/7862/imgp0177sl7.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2350/imgp0176ar0.jpg

Stonkin did a good job on his, lacquer I believe done by a place in Wokingham, once I sorted out my battery (rewire being done tomorrow), and some engine bling off Colin, then I'm going to look at doing this as I think it'll look great with the green.

Group buy? :p Id maybe be interested.

Im still worried about the legality and MOT on these though.

Anyone know about them? Suprastar?

I like to be able to do this perfectly. But there are always a few annoying bubbles. Maybe im just not prepping the service properly. But i'v applied it 2 or 3 times and have gone from bubbles and crincles to small bubbles.

Might pop them in the car tomorow if i can and see what it looks like.

I can supply the C-West rear light covers, let me know if you want details.

I would be interested in a pair also if they come in cheaper than £150.00.. I'm interested to know if they fit over the exhisting outer cover, without the need for dismantling the light unit.. And once fitted, are they easily removeable, or a permanent fixture.. How are they fitted?

I am currently only a registered member, am I allowed to join a group buy if this happens?

Thankyou.

Im still worried about the legality and MOT on these though.

Anyone know about them? Suprastar?

They will be fine for the Mot as long as the lights shine though jobs a good one.

I had a Red reverse light and passed a Mot, the old bill didn't believe me, but hell it was a good laugh proving him wrong muhahahaha