The mkiv Supra Owners Club

list of single turbos - what info is needed?

Branners

Thought it might be an idea to start a thread listing who has upgraded to a single turbo and what they are using.

I would be looking for the following information, is there anything else that would be useful?

supra : eg UK spec 6sp, j-spec auto, j-spec VVTI Tiptoe

turbo : eg Boostlogic T61 with .68A/r housing and a 3" intake.

supporting mods : eg Emanage Blue, SBCID boost controller

racelogic/TC fitted : YES or NO

I would want it kept fairly simple so the list of supporting mods wouldnt be huge, just enough to give an idea.

So is that worth doing folks?

JB

You may aswell start the list yourself Branners, then we can see how detailed a list you want and then other members can add to it.

Possible put it in a list format like;

UK spec Auto

Turbo: GT35R

Ecu: Motec M600

Trans upgrades: TH400

Fuelling: PHR stage 1 kit

J Spec VVTI Manual

Turbo: PHR street kit

Ecu: E-manage

Trans upgrades: RPS clutch

Fuelling: Stock

Maybe list the turbos in size order within the sub catagories.:)

you sure you don't want to put a rough idea of performance in there... at the least what rpm you hit 1 bar at in highest gear? otherwise it's just a census.. with a little performace detail in there it would be a good resource.. and you could have a seperate thread where we can get handbags out; and you can ammend the list accordingly; would be best off in members section too for all though naughty people who have not declared their single :no:

edit - to their insurance company

you sure you don't want to put a rough idea of performance in there... at the least what rpm you hit 1 bar at in highest gear? otherwise it's just a census.. with a little performace detail in there it would be a good resource.. and you could have a seperate thread where we can get handbags out; and you can ammend the list accordingly; would be best off in members section too for all though naughty people who have not declared their single :no:

edit - to their insurance company

What about a dyno day somewhere central, then if all the cars listed have been dyno'd on the same day at the same place the power claims would have credibility, even if the dyno was optomistic or conservative it wouldn't relly matter.

Matt.

I recon that would be a step too far... no way you would get everyone there. Just floor it in 6th for manuals be tell the truth, and find some similar way for autos.. you can't lock an auto into final drive.. can you?

Yeah but only above about 148 MPH.:)

horespower figures should be stated at bthe flywheel,at the hubs or at the wheels.

what dyno these bhp and torque figures were achieved at.

also what size DP/MP eg. 4" or 3.5" etc .

dyno charts and if possible spool characteristics from data logs for what revs in top gear the turbo makes full boost on a flat road and what boost eg. 1.2 bar.

These would make a very useful guide to anyone wishing to choose a potential turbo

horespower figures should be stated at bthe flywheel,at the hubs or at the wheels.

what dyno these bhp and torque figures were achieved at.

also what size DP/MP eg. 4" or 3.5" etc .

dyno charts and if possible spool characteristics from data logs for what revs in top gear the turbo makes full boost on a flat road and what boost eg. 1.2 bar.

These would make a very useful guide to anyone wishing to choose a potential turbo

I just think it would turn in to a bunfight. If somebody posted up a 4088 running considerably more than a T-67 then the BHP figures get questioned and it goes downhill from there.

so not sure what Im going to do about the power bit yet..at least a list of single turbos will help people see whats out there and they can ask the individuals what they think of them.

JB

I just think it would turn in to a bunfight. If somebody posted up a 4088 running considerably more than a T-67 then the BHP figures get questioned and it goes downhill from there.

so not sure what Im going to do about the power bit yet..at least a list of single turbos will help people see whats out there and they can ask the individuals what they think of them.

JB

Yeah thats fair play,I know how it gets on here at times:)

J Spec auto

Turbo: PHR Stage 1 kit: Details - http://www.powerhouseracing.com/files/catalog.php?make=Toyota&model=Supra%20TT&catagory=Single%20Turbo%20Systems

Ecu: E-manage ultimate

Fuelling: PE650cc, HKS pump

Block: Standard

Head: Standard

Box + TC: Standard + 2 x Coolers

RLTC: YES

Miles covered: Daily Driver, estimated 3000-5000 a year

Installer: ME :D

Major Problems since install: None

Installation Problems: Oil feed return block adapter, FMIC pipe work

Mapper: Hyper Sports / me

Cost: £2500(single Kit) + £400 (Emanage) + £400 (PE650cc)

More details in garage

I just think it would turn in to a bunfight.

I agree, hp is a can of worms... but one of the biggest considerations when going single is spool time / drivability.. with different tubs and components; it would be a good figure to quanitify for the list and hopefully not cause arguments!

I think the minimum list to make a useful comparison to be would be:

Turbo

Exhaust Housing A/R

Bearing type (DBB or journal)

Compressor intake diameter

Antisurge compressor housing

Downpipe diameter

Stock or forged pistons

Capacity and compression ratio (if not stock)

Cams and cam gear timing (if not stock)

Head and valve details (if not stock)

vvti or non vvti

Transmission type

Clutch or TC

Intercooler

Intake and plenum (if not stock)

ECU

Injector size

Engine mileage

Electronic boost controller fitted?

What rpm does the turbo transition into positive boost on a flat road in 5th gear (3rd auto)

What rpm does the turbo make 1.0bar on a flat road in 5th gear (3rd auto)

Max torque (at what rpm and what boost)

Max power (at what rpm and what boost)

Editted to change gear and add vvti, mileage and the positive boost crossover rpm. Note this and the 1.0 bar point will be a little subjective owing to boost gauge and rev counter inaccuracies but we'll a least have an idea.

I think the minimum list to make a useful comparison to be would be:

Turbo

Exhaust Housing A/R

Bearing type (DBB or journal)

Compressor intake diameter

Antisurge compressor housing

Downpipe diameter

Stock or forged pistons

Capacity and compression ratio (if not stock)

Cams and cam gear timing (if not stock)

Head and valve details (if not stock)

Intercooler

Intake and plenum (if not stock)

ECU

Injector size

Electronic boost controller fitted?

What rpm does the turbo make 1.0bar on a flat road in 4th gear

Max torque (at what rpm and what boost)

Max power (at what rpm and what boost)

good call:)

the more details we have the more useful it is for comparisons .(as long as no fibbing takes place;))

Arguably the following could be included:

Thermostat (if not stock)

Exhaust from DP back

Ignition amplifier

Mapper

Water/methanol injection

RLTC

It maybe a little too much info for a list, if you have your user name next to your list of mods then people could pm you for more info, i just think keeping the info down to the basics would make it easier to navigate.