The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing front bumper help.

CardiffSupra

The lights dont need to come out. There are loads of srews on the bumper. When I did mine we just did the top ones then a few on each side etc. There are some awekward ones to get to, even on the ramp like mine was. Its pretty straight forward though. And you do have to take the undertray out IIRC. Im sure there is a guide on here somewhere. Oh, the best thing is though that there arnt as many screws to do back up usually.

Edit: Petes found the link for you:)

I swair to god the search button must be broke for me, I searched for "Fitting bumper" "Removing front bumper" nothing useful come up at all, Must be because im in Wales? :innocent:

:D I find it hit and miss too. Depends on the phrase.

The forum doesn't really lend itself well to storage of tech docs. We really need a better system to browse the library of tech articles.

Guest CoolsBlue

ok, heres what i did, got me some nuts and bolts to replace the plastic fastners that you have to break from b&q.

***remove headlights and pop the bonnet***

first remove the bolts from the undertray that hold it to the body of the car, leave the bolts that connect to the bumper( was easier for me)

then on the sides of the bumper, there are iirc 2 bolts that hook to the inner arch liner of the wings, unbolt them and 2 plastic hooks will fall of(keep these because when you fit the bumper back the bolts will need these to fit back on)

then behind the archliner, (i really bust up behind my thumb doing this, was my first time)youll see a bolt, you have to keep the archliner out the way with one hand and use you other hand with a socket set to get the bolt of (behind the wing)once thats done, towards the front of the wing, where the headlight sits theres a bolt behind there you have to remove, thats easy and alot of room to - apply to both sides

then at the top of the bumper theres 5 plastic screw you HAVE NO CHOICE but to bust them out, do it

then when fitting your bumper back, use bolts that fit through the original size holes and fit nuts from the bottom,youll need some abt 3-4cm long for the 2 far side holes and abt 2-1/2 cm for the other 3 holes, but there is one hole that you cant put a bolt in as the plastic tub is blocking it = cant get your hand unnderneath to put the nut on, so i let this empty

if you want an easy peasy way, just drill new holes next to the original ones, making sure you dont hit anything and put self tapping screws through, remember the hole you drill has to be shilghty smaller than the screw, thats just a little different to that bumper removal thread

:)

EDIT - should of just wrote ther bottom bit lol

:blink: i hope you are joking:p

Pics of the new front when you get it on then:)

No im serious, The plugs just don't want to come out, My hands are shredded to hell, The misses is going to put some dove on for me now :limp:

Bumper is on I just need to put the lights back in and fix the arches back so going to finish it tomorrow. Looks alot better than the old one held together with silicon.