The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High speed blow-out... how does the supra cope?

hogmaw

Today I got myself an automatic tyre inflator, because I have finally convinced myself that if anything is gonna go wrong while going fast, it's likely to be a high speed blow-out, and if my tyre pressures are OK then I should be OK. So how likely is one with the supra anyway? And out of curiosity, has anyone experienced one at high speed, and how difficult was it to control when it happened?

My dad had one at about 125 on the rear left - no problems at all. Stayed nice and straight and slowed nice steadily to hard shoulder. Maybe if someone paanicked or over reacted it would be a different story.

However this was with 265 30 19's so the "drop" in ride height when it let go wasn't huge albeit it was a big bang!

LUCK.

I've never had one, but having spoken to 2 people who have (one very good driver and one mr average) they both said it's easily the single biggest reason they've slowed down on the motorway!! Apparently it's not a very nice experience.

had the rear left in my 306 go once on the M4, not nice, let the car slow it's self down, and don't try to get across the lanes too quickly. Luckily wasn't going too fast at the time....

check tyre pressures evry week now, especially with low profile tyres it's difficult to tell if under-inflated