The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Had accident!!!

Guest BLACK SUPRA

Guest BLACK SUPRA

Hi i hav just been involved in a accident and my supra is badly damaged. I was wondering if anyone can help in maybe trying to find out the guys speed from the 40ft skid marks that he left. He drove into me on the passenger side. The ppl at the scene say he was driving too fast but dont really wanna come forwrd as a witness.

Id really appreciae the help....Thanks! :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BLACK SUPRA

thx guys....every1 is ok although and i did call the police and the ambulance. The ambulance guy suggested to me that the guy must have been speeding cos of the length of the skidmark, but since no one was injured the police arent really concerned. Thats why im trying to gather as much evidence as possible to show the insurance company etc..

BTW how do i upload pics on here? i have plenty of pics of the scene..

really sorry to here this mate did the police not tune up? to leave 40ft skid marks not slow , i would go back down there with a camra and take pics . for insurance

yep and phone the police right away

:yeahthat:

Hope your ok mate. how bad is the damage?

Ouch! Roof crease pretty much means it'll be a write-off :( Sorry

What happened then, you were pulling out of a side junction going left, he came down the road and hit yhou broad-side?

The skid marks don't look anywhere near 40 foot (unless they showed up eariler than in the pics).

In this type of case it could be a 50-50, he hit you on the side which meant you were still only partially out the junction (and in the oposing lane). If he hit the rear of your car then it'd go in your favout but this is far from that.

EDITED - just realised the damaged was on the other side, so you were turing into the junction. Unfortunatly I don't think that changes the situation in the eyes of the law

think it looks worse than it it mate which is good for you just a new door and get the rear quarter pulled back out , but he must of hit you with some force to do that + leave them skid mark , what hit you? look high what ever it was? Did not see the roof crease! NOT good

EDITED - just realised the damaged was on the other side, so you were turing into the junction. Unfortunatly I don't think that changes the situation in the eyes of the law

Yeah - interesting that one.

If you turned right, across the road there, and he was oncoming, how did you not see him? The road looks pretty straight.

Or did you just misjudge his speed?

Guest BLACK SUPRA

Didnt wanna hear that its a rite off! A witness measured the distance for me too and i think i need to get sum better pics of them skidmarks. Heres another one ........i adjusted the lighting so the marks show up more

Guest BLACK SUPRA

i actually pulled out of the road to go straight over the junction and i was just pass the middle when he hit me ...i wasnt going left or right..he would hav clearly seen me and been able to stop in time if he was doin 30 i think ...:rolleyes:

could it not be jiged out?

Not at all, a roof crease means the car is bananaered (not sure if thats even a word!), but it can't be repaired without massive work.

Those skid marks only look like 20-25 foot, if this was a 30 limit then he could easily have been within the limit.

What exactly happened mate?

i actually pulled out of the road to go straight over the junction and i was just pass the middle when he hit me ...i wasnt going left or right..he would hav clearly seen me and been able to stop in time if he was doin 30 i think ...:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, but looking at those pics, especially the position of the parked cars, I can easily see how a car travelling at 30mph or less would not have time to stop. The skid marks only start at the lines parralel to the junction.

Guest BLACK SUPRA

if its a rite off then so be it....im just glad no1 was hurt! and he didnt claim liability , he insisted it ws my fault. A witness said she saw him going very fast just b4 he hit me and another said he heard him speeding, but i dont know if they will wanna come forward as witnesses. That why im trying to go by his skidmarks etc :(