The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should i sell the sup?

hiten55

im fed up. i love my sup. but hardly drive it. basically my sups in the garage (which is alarmed) and my dad parks his van in front of it. if i want to go anywhere i have to turn the alarm off, move the van out, get the sup out, and put the van back, and turn the alarm back on then drive off. then i have to go through it all again when i get back. its also a pain to leave anywhere in my area when i go out as people like to vandalise cars in these ends.

another thing is, im beginning to get issues with it. at the moment i have a boost leak somewhere, and cant get hold of any hoses to replace the old original ones. plus ive just fitted a super dragger and now its too low to get in the drive - so i have to jack it up with wood :blink:

went out in an evo 4 today with an evo 6 engine - raw power - but not as fast as the sup. less aggro and better handling though. im in two minds - keep the sup - or let it go and get the evo. thing is the sups auto and i loved driving the evo today - grip levels are amazing!!!

im a bit disheartened with the sup at the moment. its either keep it and get it perfect (i.e. manual, kit etc) or just give up, get the evo and start again...

any thoughts? (try not to be biased please ;))

Mate, been there and all i can say is keep it. You will always have ups and downs but trust me its worth it. I nearly sold mine a few times but i just take 1 look at the supe and fall in love all over again. Get the problems sorted and i guarantee you'll love it again!

I have the same problem and yet I wouldn't get rid of the Supe because it is a hassle to remove from the garage. My car has done the best part of 3000 miles in 4-years so that gives you some idea of the kind of mileage that I do - I'm always away too which doesn't help!!:(

You could always get an Evo and get it out of your system. They don't seem to lose their value much either so you could always sell it again and get a manual Supra if you're regretting the decision. I love my Supra and don't know if I could bear to sell it despite it needing some money spent on it, although like you I've had hankerings for other cars. Got a funny feeling I'll keep the Supra even if I hardly use it and try to get other cars out of my system by swapping my other car around. May end up being an old fart with my 'classic' Supra in the garage when I'm 50!

thanks for all the advice guys, im gonna spend my time fixing it up, take it for a proper spin, then decide from there.

i think the major problem was that i spent loads of money fixing it up towards bpu and a full service etc and was expecting a noticeable differenc, but i ended up loosing power.

anyway, im gonna give it another go, hopefully my faith will be restored....

yeah i guess so. dont blame them really. lol, had some time to think about it and i was just being stupid, had a really dis-heartening weekend, was on a real downer in general. sorry if anyone got pissed off, feel free to pelt me with eggs at jae to knock some sense into me.....

oh yeah i forgot - im not going :p