The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery loose connection - what's the worst that can happen?

razza

Having battery issues:

What's the worst that could happen if the battery connection dissapears whilst driving? Just had power loss for a few seconds but luckily no-one around. Power steering went, then it all fired back up.

I assume the braking would be affected (ABS)? If for example I was on motorway how bad would this be? I'm meant to be in Cambridge tomorrow for a seminar but am thinking about giving it a miss until this is sorted, but have already paid for it...

Had the alternator go on my 306 on the M1 before and had to pull over and get picked up by recovery.

Am I right to be cautious over this, or am I worried too much?

Are you saying the engine died on you cos of a loose battery connection? I didn't think it would do that.

Losing the power steering (when the crank pulley sheared) has already caused one member to crash.

Anyway, get it sorted out mate. A loose bettery terminal can't be a difficult fix surely.

Having battery issues:

What's the worst that could happen if the battery connection dissapears whilst driving? Just had power loss for a few seconds but luckily no-one around. Power steering went, then it all fired back up.

I assume the braking would be affected (ABS)? If for example I was on motorway how bad would this be? I'm meant to be in Cambridge tomorrow for a seminar but am thinking about giving it a miss until this is sorted, but have already paid for it...

Had the alternator go on my 306 on the M1 before and had to pull over and get picked up by recovery.

Am I right to be cautious over this, or am I worried too much?

:woot: - oh my.....have supra owners finally hit the dole?

Buddy - cant believe you want to risk driving your car knowing what could potentially happen (steering + BRAKES is more than plenty to put me off)

Are you saying the engine died on you cos of a loose battery connection? I didn't think it would do that.

Losing the power steering (when the crank pulley sheared) has already caused one member to crash.

Anyway, get it sorted out mate. A loose bettery terminal can't be a difficult fix surely.

engine didn't die, just electrics.

:woot: - oh my.....have supra owners finally hit the dole?

Buddy - cant believe you want to risk driving your car knowing what could potentially happen (steering + BRAKES is more than plenty to put me off)

yeah ok, point proved.

just a bit gutted I'll miss the seminar as the guy's only over here once a year (Colonel of Spetnaz). I'll try to sort out alternative arrangements until I get it sorted.

Anyone know anywhere in Reading where I can get this fixed? Need new wire to connect to battery...