The mkiv Supra Owners Club

not a happy bunny

peter richards

ok guys im doing the group buy on the ally dash rings from mvp . got stung for import tax the first time £20 and now just got done again for £26.

atm im pissed off a bit , as im out of pocket now , so you guys waiting for the facelift rings , dont get pissed with pete for getting the extra up front , something i wish i had done

I get stung every time :(

For the Fluidyne coolers group buy I even had one box returned to the US. Now I have to airmail it back here AND pay duty.... doubly painful.

If the supplier will do it get them to state they are prototype parts, experimental parts or scientific equipment... or a gift valued at under £30. That's for parts that are prototype, scientific equipment, experimental or gifts of course :)

I'm sure if Dusty would have Marked the parcel as gift or samples you wouldnt have to pay any tax.

I can not mark it as gift - Customs knows what is going on with that.

Peter and I have already discussed this privately as well.

We're talking about 2 pounds extra per person split 10 ways. And SOME of those charges are UPS charing to "broker", i.e. their paperwork, time, etc.

Thanks,

Dusty

*Note to other members*

When selecting a shipping option from Dusty please be aware of the following example of my recent order.

In the past with every order that I received from Dusty I always opted for the UPS shipping option. The quote provided was always slightly higher than the BAX Global option but your order will arrive quicker. Well this last time I took Dusty's advice to let him save me some money by selecting the BAX Global option. What a joke that was...

Original quote was '$309 to their door Sir' (Dusty's exact words, 'their' being Turbofit). Well that was a bit off the mark to say the least. I had to pay £174 ($343) to get my goods released and delivered to Turbofit. Add that to the original shipping price of $309 and I ended up paying $652 for shipping (total order price not including shipping was around $1500-1700) that was misplaced and delivered almost one month after arriving in the country to Turbofit. Now while I was prepared to pay some charges for customs fees. I had no idea I would also have to pay all the other charges that are listed on the invoice (Extra £30 or so to send it from the depot to Turbofit, £50 airport charge, Some other ridiculous charges for administration, I can dig up the invoice if anyone wants the exact breakdown). I have never had to pay such a large fee in any of the previous orders that I have received from MVP using UPS and most of them at least made it to me on time, not a month after landing in the UK.

Still waiting on Dusty to get back to me on this matter as I went with his advice this time and it did not save me anything at all, it ended up costing me much more.

So be aware of this when choosing a shipping option from Dusty.

Still waiting on Dusty to get back to me on this matter as I went with his advice this time and it did not save me anything at all, it ended up costing me much more.

Bax really turned the screw to us on your shipment. That is not a normal occurrence or I would not use them.

The problem now is getting the UK Bax team to respond to the USA team. Seems no one wants to take any responsibility for it and actually give us an answer. I email them regularly about it though and keep trying to get somewhere with it.

Kind regards,

Dusty

Well for the few extra bucks(and Joe obviously wont think its just a few bucks but on the whole it is) they made or took or however you want to put it from gamer his experience will have cost them every single shipping of every person reading this thread they would otherwise have had. It will also have no doubt stopped Dusty from reccomending them to his customers until something is done to ensure this kind of thing never happens again (after all Dusty won't want his reputation tarnished by a bunch of muppets that wont talk to each other)

• 3 weeks later...

with the uk currency being so strong at the moment , most shipments from the US are getting inspected , also due to terrorist problems. i just got stug for £800 on my boost logic gearbox , it all worked out cheap buying it form the US , then all the shipping fees and exhange fees now import tax and v.a.t. So the gearbox should have cost me £1900, but instead has cost me £2800.....so be warned everyone if you are thinking about getting thinks from the US cheap.