The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/a mods?

krboyd7

Hi guys,

I am a noob here and am about to purchase my first supra. I Cant afford to buy a TT at the moment so looks like it will be a n/a.

Would i be right in saying the n/a supra stock produces 220bhp?

in time i wud like to modify my n/a supra.

What could i do to increase power and performance and what increases shud i expect?

Thanks

Hi mate

Your correct. When the N/A was new it produced 220bhp but its likley to be around the 200 mark now, depending on condition.

You won't be able to massive increses in power without spending serious cash. The best way is to get a double decat and a good air filter but after that it starts getting pricey.

use the search button at the top cause this has been covered loads of time and you'll be able to see you various options.

AS an NA owner my self. You r right, 220bhp out of the show room but there’s not much out there product wise to get big power.

I would concentrate on a decant exhaust system. I love my super dragger as it sounds fab. But i would stick with the standard air filter as i have the HKS part and its pants.

Then a good idea is to remove as much weight as poss. and fit a couple of strut braces; you can pick these up cheaply on flea bay. Try going down the handling route rather than the big power thing, as this will hopefully set the car apart from the rest.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the club!

I totally agree. Exhaust, panel air filter, breaks and suspension. You'll be able to drive faster if you can stop quicker and have better handling. Oh and a geomatory set up from someone like Chris Wilson.

What are you gonna break ? :D:D

I know this'll be a stupid-ass question but why can't you just put a turbo in it, or is it too much cash/bother for it? :)

i was looking in to turbo'in my n/a, best quote i got was £2250. i have spent £700-£800 on bits and i have got it up to 247bhp, not really worth it

I know this'll be a stupid-ass question but why can't you just put a turbo in it, or is it too much cash/bother for it? :)

As said you can but you would need a lot of ancillary parts.

Turbo Kit + intercooler + induction kit, etc.

Injectors

Fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump

ECU

Clutch (and probably gearbox mods to handle the power)

Thicker head gasket or ideally new lower compression pistons. On an old engine you'd also want to ensure it is up to the job, ie. rebuild with new bearing, etc.

Gauges (Boost, EGT, AFR, etc.)

Boost controller.

The list goes on if you want to do it properly (ie. so that it is reliable), as said already far cheaper to buy a TT from the start.

As said you can but you would need a lot of ancillary parts.

Turbo Kit + intercooler + induction kit, etc.

Injectors

Fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump

ECU

Clutch (and probably gearbox mods to handle the power)

Thicker head gasket or ideally new lower compression pistons. On an old engine you'd also want to ensure it is up to the job, ie. rebuild with new bearing, etc.

Gauges (Boost, EGT, AFR, etc.)

Boost controller.

The list goes on if you want to do it properly (ie. so that it is reliable), as said already far cheaper to buy a TT from the start.

KILL JOY!!!!!!

but sadly true