The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dan Turner of Advanced Motorsport / Ji_Kan BANNED

Branners

There have been many threads on the forum regarding the mapper Dan Turner of Advanced Motorsport who uses the Marlin Motorsport Rolling Road in Bletchley, Bucks and also operates through a company called Ji_kan.

Dan Turner is not an authorised trader on this forum. This forum does not and has not at anytime recommended members to use the services of Dan Turner.

The principle in having an authorised trader on this forum is to ensure that said trader abides by the terms and conditions laid out for traders and to assist members in the event of a dispute with a trader should one arise.

Dan Turner is a freelance mapper using AEM products and was used by Turbofit UK Limited to map their customers cars. Some members have had their cars mapped using his service and have publicly praised his abilities and have used this forum to do so. Other members have also used his service, and have been less than impressed with the service offered and indeed, one mapping session recently resulted in a members car suffering a catastrophic failure as a result of detonation whilst being mapped.

The forum administrators consider this to be a serious issue, and have noted how Dan has conducted himself on the forum, using it to promote AEM products and has used the forum to criticise non AEM products. It has also been noted that he has used the forum to sell AEM related products, and as he is not an authorised trader this is against forum rules. Our request to come on to the forum to discuss the total engine failure was rejected and no attempt has been made to discuss any of the technical issues raised in various AEM threads.

As a result of all these points, it has been decided to remove Dan Turner from this forum.

Members are reminded that they are free to use whatever mapper/performance tuner/trader that they choose, and that when they decide to modify their cars beyond what is OEM, then there are risks involved in doing so. This thread is purely to clarify the situation with this unauthorised trader. The issues around discussing AEM tuning on mkiv supras will be addressed seperately.

JB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with the promoting AEM / services stuff, but Dan worked wonders on my VVTI single set up in terms of fixing some mechanical gremlins caused by other so called "experts". He did map the car to my instructions in terms of a safe map to get the car running, he stopped when he thought the cams in the "built" head were causing issues and no harm was done at all. He's also a nice guy to boot but it's Branner's forum :)

Can't argue with the promoting AEM / services stuff, but Dan worked wonders on my VVTI single set up in terms of fixing some mechanical gremlins caused by other so called "experts". He did map the car to my instructions in terms of a safe map to get the car running, he stopped when he thought the cams in the "built" head were causing issues and no harm was done at all. He's also a nice guy to boot but it's Branner's forum :)

You were very, very lucky then. Others have not had instructions followed, some resulting in the destruction of their engines, other (more lucky ones) have merely cut their losses and taken their car to more reputable mapper(s).

The decision to remove Dan from the forum was based on his breach of the trader rules.

I also had nothing but good service from Dan. I don't have a bad word to say about my dealings with the guy.

I understand why he's been banned; because he won't air his laundry on this forum - same as Thor a while back. It won't put me off using his services in the future.

I also had nothing but good service from Dan. I don't have a bad word to say about my dealings with the guy.

I understand why he's been banned; because he won't air his laundry on this forum - same as Thor a while back. It won't put me off using his services in the future.

Same here....

So that makes 3 very, very lucky people I guess. :rolleyes:

I have no problem using him in the future.