The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hitting the fuel cut

Daston

Hi guys

Went out with my bro and his mate to ye olde pc world and my car seemed to be hitting the fuel cut left right and centre. Its decatted so I would expect it to however I have only ever hit it once or twice before but tonight it was boosting like a trooper in nearly all gears couldnt get past 5.5k! Would this be due to the dry cool air we have tonight or has my car been deprived of a good suck and so is being a bit enthusastic?

I never had this issue until i changed from a stock pump to a walbro. I eventiually put it down to needing a good mapping.

I'll never know though as I am upgrading to single with dual pumps and bigger injectors. Now thats the expensive way to sort it out :eyebrows:

it was cutting at 1.0bar seems to be doing it bang on everytime. It was making a rubbing/burrr sound (bit like when you hit the limiter) and was being very hesitant with the second turbo like power on....sound power off......power on.....sound, power off

uh my red triangle is always on at the mo as the previouse owner changed the steering wheel so its on due to the air bag.

Erm never heard of that before although unsure. It oculd be brake fluid low as it is very sensitive, or if you have not got an active spoiler then the active spoiler ecu could be still plugged in.

no was as violent as I thought it would be. it just cut power and sounded like it was hesitant like when you hit a limiter could it be back firing? I did boot it when pulling away and got a sodding big bang out of the exhaust (second turbo still kicks in though so hasnt fallen out)

Active spoiler ECU is located behind the dash, same level as the stereo. Very easy to get to. When you take the dash panel off there are 2 silver box's iirc it is the top one. About 5 x 4 inch but it does have a big sticker on it saying active ECU.

Do not worry about the switch as mines is still plugged in.