The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A school boy error and rather angry

Daston

Hey guys

As most of you are aware I purchased my TT back in March. It was sold with 100,000ish km on the so about 60,000 miles. The condition of the car was great and the engine had been well looked after. After my trip up to Scotland I decided to turn my trip counter on to see how far we had done all week and was a little shocked to see that it was 396km from my house to the hotel as the RAC site had stated that it was 401miles. So a little depressed and angry at this I decided to keep an eye on my main display and it is indeed counting up in miles even though it still has the "Km" symbol in the corner! Really quite upset about this as it now means I probably got over charged for the car and could have purchased something with a lot less mileage than it really has.

Is there any way I can trace the cars history or am I pretty much stuffed?

changed all belts and fluids when I got it, the previous owner imported it in 1999 so could ask him what the milage was when it was first imported and then look at the MOT's to work out how many miles it has done since its been over here.

Still quite gutting

changed all belts and fluids when I got it, the previous owner imported it in 1999 so could ask him what the milage was when it was first imported and then look at the MOT's to work out how many miles it has done since its been over here.

Still quite gutting

Thats not good enough mate! sorry but you need to know when exactly the speedo started to count in miles !

they could have been driving the car for a few years before converting the speedo, thats why you better not be too worried about it really as long as the car is all good and healthy ;)

I had this discussion with my mate the other day, how can anyone be sure of their mileage over in japan?

Theyre very good with electronics, what stops them from clocking cars before they go to auction?

Its just for example, my mates car, new import has 33000miles on it(almost 55000km) but its 14 years old...how is that possible?

I've only driven my sup 11000miles in 2.5years, but its a 2nd car, and in storage over winter, but even at that 5000km a year is still over 70000km, so they either dont use their cars at all for lengths of time or they sit in storage for years? Dodgy?

I had this discussion with my mate the other day, how can anyone be sure of their mileage over in japan?

Theyre very good with electronics, what stops them from clocking cars before they go to auction?

Its just for example, my mates car, new import has 33000miles on it(almost 55000km) but its 14 years old...how is that possible?

I've only driven my sup 11000miles in 2.5years, but its a 2nd car, and in storage over winter, but even at that 5000km a year is still over 70000km, so they either dont use their cars at all for lengths of time or they sit in storage for years? Dodgy?

The only way is to buy a car like mine, I know who had it in Japan and has Jap service history too ;)

But really it doesnt matter if the car is running ok! its not a saxo to worry about few extra miles, incase the engine blow up.