The mkiv Supra Owners Club

20" Vortex R

wanna supra

Can anybody help me please. Im about to buy some 20" Vortex R and was just wondering if they would actually fit. the size of the wheels are on the link below. I have a jap import supra but have uk brakes and ive heard stories of some wheels not fitting on uk cars obviously because of the brakes etc.

http://www.wheelmania.co.uk/wheels/mania.html#

Can anybody advise??

do you think? I have an email saying the wheels would fit straight on the car but makes no mation of clearing the brakes

I have 19's and the ride is harsh, the handling is compromised and all for the looks!, the 19's Vortex is a nice wheel, Chumpalot has them fitted and they look great and do clear UK brakes so I guess the 20's would clear UK's also, Wheelmania shows the 20's on a car in the ad but this is a photoshop, also I think that 20's make for a great show car look but I doubt you could see the car as a great daily driver, some poeple on here will shoot 19's down as a poor wheel size for the Supra, 20's is just asking for it ;)

Its the offsets you need to confirm. What offset will the new wheels be?

You will no doubt get many replies saying dont put them on as they will look shit and handle poorly, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you may not be arsed about the handling.

They will fit dependant on offsets, if the offset's are not too low they'll fit with no arch work required at all.

People always seem to think that with 20" wheel's you'll need arch work, the fact is, it's all down to the offsets and widths, e.g 17" 10jj rears with an offset of +25 will rub and foul the arche's (Dependant on drop) even though they're just 17's

They will fit dependant on offsets, if the offset's are not too low they'll fit with no arch work required at all.

People always seem to think that with 20" wheel's you'll need arch work, the fact is, it's all down to the offsets and widths, e.g 17" 10jj rears with an offset of +25 will rub and foul the arche's (Dependant on drop) even though they're just 17's

What are the offsets 10jj? The rear wheels are 10

What are the offsets 10jj? The rear wheels are 10

JJ is basically the width of the wheel, the offset is how far they will sit out or sit in from and towards the base of the hub,

E.g, a 20" wheel with a jj of 10" and offset of +25

20" wheel with a jj of 10" and offset of +30

From the above two fitments, the +25 offset fitment will sit 5 mm closer to the arch than the +30 offset fitment.

The lower the offset number, the further the wheel will sit away from the hub and thus closer to the arch, i.e a more flush look.

Personally dude I'd stick with 19's.

See my pics here of some 19's with offset's to give a nice wide stance look for the rears.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=109006