The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Amstrad CPC ECU

michael

Forget your AEM / Motec / eManage, the Amstrad CPC is where it's at!

http://www.cpczone.net/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1427

I haven't tried this in the car just yet but the initial test program seems to suggest that it'll work very well! Much better than a windows-based Fuel Injection programming system via a laptop

Yeah, loading the ECU up from CD each time you need to go anywhere is a fine idea, making Manic Miner work was tricky enough at times.

Oh my god !!!

I have an Amstrad CPC 464 at home ! from when I was 8 or something. That what I lernt to program Basic on :) hahaha

I even did a few games I saved to tape :blink:

you know the loading noise....

iiiiiiieeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr errerererereeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeerrrrrrrrr

So if it's possible with a CPC it must be possible for someone to develop an open-source engine management system to run on a mini-itx board or something. Linux obviously, you wouldn't want it blue screening on you :)

I had thought about using a mini-itx. The problem is you really need a realtime OS. Which got me thinking of using something such as QNX. Would provide a nice GUI while being realtime.

I then lost the will to live realising how sad I was getting....

I had thought about using a mini-itx. The problem is you really need a realtime OS. Which got me thinking of using something such as QNX. Would provide a nice GUI while being realtime.

I then lost the will to live realising how sad I was getting....

There's a few real-time Linux distro's out there now, trouble with QNX is that you'd be limited on hardware.

There's a few real-time Linux distro's out there now, trouble with QNX is that you'd be limited on hardware.

Check the new QNX home page, the hardware list has been GREATLY extended, nowhere near what Linux supports, but a lot more.

If you reallly REALLY REALLY want to do something like this, have a look the megasquirt software purely to have a look at what it does and how it does it (Source is open). The geek in me wants to get involved as well...

Check the new QNX home page, the hardware list has been GREATLY extended, nowhere near what Linux supports, but a lot more.

If you reallly REALLY REALLY want to do something like this, have a look the megasquirt software purely to have a look at what it does and how it does it (Source is open). The geek in me wants to get involved as well...

Ah I see yeah hardware support much better now. It would be something quite interesting to get into. I'll have a look for this megasquirt.

Here you go http://www.megasquirt.info/

(Watches Ian C running for the hills screaming and shaking violently *grin*)

If you are serious about this, I'm more than happy to get involved as well.

I suspect it's beyond my skill set (wouldn't know where to start wiring up looms and sensors etc.), not something I'd like to risk on the Supra unless I knew what I was doing. I'd love to have a play around though.

I suspect it's beyond my skill set (wouldn't know where to start wiring up looms and sensors etc.), not something I'd like to risk on the Supra unless I knew what I was doing. I'd love to have a play around though.

i know on the honda they have a replacement ecu that has plug and play connections it uses it own lambder sensor and has functions such as data logging boost control dose the sup have anything simular?

Haha I didn't think it was too bad, I might even look into it if I ever/when I build a locost, but I want ignition timing built in dagnabbit.

-Ian

You wish has been granted... There is something called megasquirt and spark... Does it all.....

Guest magic

it came with a amsoft gamespack if i remember , harrier attack was good . there was one game called maze or something it took about 17mins to load but it wasnt guaranteed to get that far .

in the end i think my parents sold it on adtrader and put the money towards our amiga a500 ( that was the best then , the atari was the next runner up)

http://i.techrepublic.com.com/gallery/6391-391-400.jpg

^^ I had one of those bad boys, and also learned to program in BASIC on it :) In fact, it's still stashed in my parents loft! Reckon it's worth anything now? :eyebrows:

More importantly though, there were some brilliant games for it - Top Gun and Rick Dangerous rocked!! :D

Cheers,

Brian.