The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just fitted new oem kit (pics)

miko_supra

finish is fantastic. Although one of my skirts got rained on yesterday about 10 mins after spraying, which left little dimples. wet and dried most of it out, but will have to wait till the paint is properly hardened. first time i've sprayed too. then again it has taken me about £50 quids worth of paint and 6 weeks to get it just right!

well chuffed. still saved money

nice job mate just need some rear spats now

Yeah just want to find some used copies or genuine ones. The skirts were copies and i hate working with fibre glass to get them to fit.

Must admit to everyone with black trim on their front bumper that respraying it with halfords bumper paint is the most easiest and most satisfying job i've done on the car in a long time

What did you use to spray them mate? Looks very nice :thumbs:

Yes, tell us. :)

I sprayed one of my skirts too and I was surprised at how easy it was to get a nice finish.

I used the 2 pack stuff with the isocynate based lacquer.

It would be nice to be able to get lacquer that isn't poisonous, I've heard you can but it's not widely available.

Guest CoolsBlue

stick a UK spec scoop on the hood, uk spec rear lights and rear spats and itll look perfect with the jap front bumper:Dgood job

cheers for the comments. Just gotta wire in the active spoiler, fit the spats, fit a bonnet scoop, then its getting lowered.

I used 2k (2 pack) paint. Didn't need to lacquer it though (apparently only metallic paint needs lacquering to bring out the shine.)

What i needed to buy was....

compressor £100 (on sale, was £300 so bargain!)

gravity fed spray gun (Chucked in with the compressor)

range of sand paper (from 100 grit to 1200) (already has some, but i imagine about £5-10)

1 litre 2k primer (£10...still got lots left)

1 litre 2k black 202 (£45...apparently this is enough to do a whole car! but i needed the lot to do practice work and for all the mistakes.)

2 litres 2k thinners (£15...need lots of this as i used it to clean out the spray gun after every use.)

500ml 2k hardeners (£10ish)

de greasing fluid and lint free cloths for wiping down (£20)

lots of rubber gloves (already had some)

paper overalls (already had some)

breathing mask (already had one)

A gazebo too, so that it can be sprayed outside and reduces the risk of winds and dust getting on the surface. (£15 from Woolworths and well worth it!)

Black and decker work mate for holding onto the panels.

Old curtains to lay on your mums lawn and over the work mate.

So i think i spent approx £200 for everything needed. And i was quoted £320 to do the lot by a body shop...would recommend this to anyone, and its so satisfying once its completed.

Yes, tell us. :)

I sprayed one of my skirts too and I was surprised at how easy it was to get a nice finish.

I used the 2 pack stuff with the isocynate based lacquer.

It would be nice to be able to get lacquer that isn't poisonous, I've heard you can but it's not widely available.

Guys at the paint shop told me to use 1k (1 pack) lacquer. apparently its fine to use. but i never needed to use it on mine.