The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To turbo or not to turbo???

Smellywelshman

Hey peeps,

So.... After rubbing the front end of my car against a wall I'm getting a bit of a 'wanna change' itch. But I've got a dilemma....

I own an N/A which I REALLY trust mechanical wise. Its as mint except for a couple of sortable interior matters, but I'm thinking I want the power of a turbo. Especially as I got burnt by a 350Z whilst taking my girlfriend to the train station:(!! Surely no Nissan should be able to do this!!! (They're a bit tasty I know but they look like shite and....... its a nissan!!!;);))

So I'm depressed. What do I do? Just sell up and buy a TT, posibly getting a car thats not as sound as the car I've got now. Or stick with the one I've got and take it to somewhere like Envy and get it sorted. I know the TT engine is a different beast to the N/A but it should be able to take it, shouldn't it?!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

I've gone through the figures with a couple of people considering NA-T conversions and to be honest the figures just do not make it worthwhile. It would save you MANY thousands if you sold up and bought a TT. You at least then have a car which as stock will be 320bhp(ish) and can easily and cheaply be modded to 400bhp.

If you're after more power (i.e single) the figures still stack up in favour of getting the TT then converting (or better yet, get a trusted one thats already converted).

I'm not trying to disrepect the NA owners, it's just simply a matter of adding up the figures to get an NA-T like-for-like with a TT.

I've gone through the figures with a couple of people considering NA-T conversions and to be honest the figures just do not make it worthwhile. It would save you MANY thousands if you sold up and bought a TT. You at least then have a car which as stock will be 320bhp(ish) and can easily and cheaply be modded to 400bhp.

If you're after more power (i.e single) the figures still stack up in favour of getting the TT then converting (or better yet, get a trusted one thats already converted).

I'm not trying to disrepect the NA owners, it's just simply a matter of adding up the figures to get an NA-T like-for-like with a TT.

:yeahthat:

What he said :)

why not have a TT engine dropped in?

If you really like your car and would like to keep it, have a word with Jezzybabes on here and get a price from him. Last time I heard it was about £3k to drive in as a NA and drive out as a TT, or £2k for all the bits you need to do it yourself. He comes highly reccomended by the peeps on here who have had this done, or have bought the bits to do it. Have a search and you will find a thread from Jezz with all the details.

If you really like your car and would like to keep it, have a word with Jezzybabes on here and get a price from him. Last time I heard it was about £3k to drive in as a NA and drive out as a TT, or £2k for all the bits you need to do it yourself. He comes highly reccomended by the peeps on here who have had this done, or have bought the bits to do it. Have a search and you will find a thread from Jezz with all the details.

:yeahthat: Should be a really good way to go and its a cracking price. There is a good thread Jezz started about this so have a search or give him a call:)