The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spraying Dash

Daston

Well after my last attempt I thought I would make a better effort on this supe. I have learnt that IT IS a good idea to rub down the paint after each coat. However do I need to do the same for the laquer? I have done the first coat of it and it seems to be leaving dimples on the serface is it just a case of rubbing these down and adding a second coat?

no did you primer it? also never rub the paint it will leave sratches what paper did you rub it down with?

Rubbing it down will be fine as long as you use some fine wet n dry like 1500, it will just make it nice and smooth! Then just cut it back to get rid of the fine scratches, loverly :)

been rubbing it down with 1500 and like James said that is making it nice and smooth. Its not running off an oily serface its just leaving tiny pockets almost as if the paint is thick and blobs are sticking to the serface in a wide spread. Spraying around 30cm away from the dash.