The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paint protection

tooquicktostop

My car is sitting outside my house with no engine so can not be moved, with the summer sun and the fact it is also partly under a tree I was wondering if there is a protective film of something I can put on the car for the month it will be sitting waiting to go in the garage, I have brought a cover but it rubs when the wind blows and creates small swirls in he paint !, perhaps just a heavy layer of a wax substance ?

Might be odd but failing all else...what about clingfilm?

There are products out there to protect paintwork but I don't think they come cheap.

My next door neighbors would possibly call a doctor if they saw me wrapping the car in cling film :D, they already talk about me having some kind of wierd relationship with an old Toyota !!, could be worth a try though !

Tailored car cover will do an excellent Job :)

I have had such a bad experience with the cover I brought a couple of weeks ago, I wrapped the car up and with the windy days we have had I noticed the cover was creating swirls on the paint :(, perhaps the cover is just not the right quality

I have had such a bad experience with the cover I brought a couple of weeks ago, I wrapped the car up and with the windy days we have had I noticed the cover was creating swirls on the paint :(, perhaps the cover is just not the right quality

Car covers will mark your car if it's

A) Not 100% clean

B) Not in an environment where you can stop wind blowing dust etc under it.

C) not fleece lined at the very least.

And probably some more things too...

Car covers will mark your car if it's

A) Not 100% clean

B) Not in an environment where you can stop wind blowing dust etc under it.

C) not fleece lined at the very least.

And probably some more things too...

I just borrowed a really big roll of cling film so I will give that a go then put the cover over that ;)

I just borrowed a really big roll of cling film so I will give that a go then put the cover over that ;)

Borrowed :blink: They're gonna want it back ???

Okay, we need

A) Pic of the clingfilm wrapped Supra and

B) Video footage of Dean trying to get it back on the roll to give back :D

Well after the rain delay yesterday managed to give the Supra a quick wash and then went to work with the cling film and as predicted created quite a scene with the neigbours, all wondering if the engine failure had pushed me over the edge :blink:

This should keep the bird muck and sunlight off for a few weeks before it goes off to have the new engine put in :D

SV200613.JPG

SV200614.JPG

SV200615.JPG

SV200616.JPG

SV200618.JPG

like the cling film looks great lol, just thought i'd say that if there was any water between the paint and the film when you put it on it will stay there and sweat, stick the film to the lacker and mark it should have let it dry after washing, sorry to tell you now its on and too late but i have had the same thing happen at work when covering the cars with polythene for painting, cheers Andy.