The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from California

Guest SupraRacer007

Guest SupraRacer007

Just taking a moment to say hello... :)

I'm the proud owner of a jewel green 1996 Supra twin turbo that I picked up a couple years ago from its 2nd owner in Atlanta, Georgia USA

Anyhow, it seems this forum is UK based ... but I thought I'd join anyway and see how things are here. My family is from Wales, so that kinda counts right? Haha!

Hope all is well with all of you, and I'm looking forward to making some new friends too.

- Stephen

http://www.internetmediastudio.com/supra

Guest SupraRacer007
Welcome! Where in California are you?

I live in Fresno, California. That's about an hour south of Yosemite National Park. Roughly the middle of the state.

Guest SupraRacer007
Atlanta to California? :lol:

How long did that take? I bet you were sick of the car by the time you got home!

Sick of the car? :)

Never.....I had so much fun. Took 4 days coming home, stopped along the way, saw some cool parts of the country. I put a bunch of info on my personal website if you're curious and want to read about the trip: http://www.internetmediastudio.com/supra

I got to enjoy the car, and surprisingly no speeding tickets coming home. The guy I bought it from included a fairly new Valentine 1 detector, and it was very useful on the trip home for sure.

Guest SupraRacer007

Everyone...

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to participating in your forum and learning about the euro spec supras etc. I have been on other Supra related sites in the past, with mixed results. Too much noise, fighting, arguing, dumb topics etc. I'm low maintenance, I know how to search the forum for answers to my questions BEFORE doing a repost....so no worries there.

Anyhow, I'm going to continue to read the forum, look at your photos and see the differences (other than which side the steering wheel is on) hahahaha!

Hope all of you are having a great day / evening

Hey - Welcome to the club

Just so you know, the majority of owners on here will have a Jap Spec Supra which is different to what you have. There are a few lucky owners howewer, that could afford the UK Spec Supra which is the same spec as yours. ;)

That's not implying the Uk/US Spec is better. They're just more expensive and hold their value better in the UK due to insurance.

Apologies if you knew that already, but it may have been a little confusing reading a few threads...