The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Donations - In memory of Rik Gardiner

Class One

On Thursday 5th July 2007, Rik Gardiner was tragically killed whilst driving his Supra. He was 34. He is survived by his wife Vikki and his two young sons Brett and Luca.

Rik was a very popular and active member of this club. He is best remembered for building a DIY spray booth at the side of his house, and respraying his car Satin Black, a first for the club. I expect most of you remember at the time the good natured joking that this forum is known for, and how Rik took it all in his stride and laughed it off.

Those of you that got to see his car, will know how much care and attention to detail Rik gave to create a unique car.

Those of you who met him and knew him will remember Rik for his zest for life, his love for his family,his passion for his car, and his sense of belonging to this club.

He leaves behind a void that will never be filled. He will be missed by many, who never met him, but thought of him as their friend.

I'm sure his wife Vikki, will be touched by the warmth and appreciation that has been shown by the club members' towards Rik and we send our sincere condolences for her sad and tragic loss.

Many members have expressed a desire to make a contribution, as a token to Riks' memory. Therefore any member who wishes to make a contribution may do so using the club paypal account [email protected]

If you do wish to make a contribution please mark your payment "For Rik" and put your username in the email text.

Please do not post up your pledge in this thread. We belive that donations should be kept as a private matter, and all donations received will be dealt with in strict confidence. The club will cover all paypal fees so that what is donated will be what is received. The club itself will also make its' own donation.

Rik Gardiner 19th December 1972 - 5th July 2007.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phillw454

Never met him so it may be out of place, but sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Take it easy out there guys:(

Such a tragic loss, i'm still taken back by what has happened if truth be said.

Pray that Vikki and her son's Luca and Brett get throught these very difficult time's, they have the support of the club and everyone of it's members, we're all thinking of you and your son's, our thought's are with you:(

Donation sent.

I'm totally shocked and saddened over this. My condolences to his family.

Some time ago I needed a part for my Supra desperately. Rik sent the part out and didn't even want any money for it not even postage.

A true kindhearted bloke.

RIP,

Ro