The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cruise Control poblem

dave barratt

I'm having problems with my cruise control that i've fitted to my j-spec TT.

When I try to engage the cruise control I get the CC light flashing on and off about once a second and won't engage. This is indicating a fault.

I have done all the diagnostics as per the manual. My car has the loom fitted as standard so all I did was plug it up - (actuator, CC ECU and steering wheel). I have done pin to pin from the acuator to the CC ECU all ok. Applied power to the actuator and magnetic clutch - all funtion as normal.

Done the speed sensor checks -all ok. Done the steering wheel switch checks - all ok.

I removed the speed delimiter - no difference.

The strange thing that I cannot understand is when I short out the pins on the diagnostic port I get the CC light flashing code 12 AND the ABS light is flashing as well. Now from the manual code 12 says either open or short circuit on the magnetic clutch but as said this tests out ok.

Its got the j-spec CC ECU fited but have also tried a UK spec CC ECU and the fault is the same

My question is is the ABS light flashing a clue to what might be wrong?

Anyone got an idea as to why the the CC light is flashing?

• 2 years later...