The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what a weekend

gaz1

Had my new wheels delivered saturday morning. Great! Boxes go in the van and off we go to get them fitted. Got to the garage said to the guy

"Can you take the tyres off these and fit these nice shiny new ones plz,"

"No probs!"

So i start upacking the wheels and grrrrr....there is a small dink in one !! Anyway i thought.....i still want them on, so he starts taking the wheels off and he says

"Ere mate you know you have steam coming out of the bonnet!"

Grrrr..... again!!! My water started to boil while it was left on tickover, the fans did not come on so it was getting hot :( .....i thought.... sort that problem when its cooled and my wheels are fitted ;)

So wheels are now off, tyres are off, excitement starts to kick in, :D not long now i am thinking.....then i hear that "Ere mate again!!" he says

"You better look at this....."

So have a look i did......low and behold the tyres don't fit!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!! Well he got them on but they looked well stretched.....so thinks ok i am used to cock ups :(

So i asked if they have any in stock that will fit...."No mate it will be tuesday now,"

Bollocks ....i think i want them on this weekend!!!! So grabs my phone and rings some of the guys on here, :) .....explaining i need tyres now.

One guy said

"This guy has 3 almost brand new pirrelies the right size but he is about 2 and a half hours drive,"

Then i remembered my thread and ask someone to look it up and get me the number for the tyre place in ashford. So rings him up and yes he has the other tyre i need in stock, and he is open sunday! :D

Yes i thought my turn to say "Ere mate put them back on :D !"

So topped up the water all seems fine..... off i head to pick up the part worn tyres......6 hours later i have the tyres in the van ready for this mornings fitting yes :D !!!

Anyway.....off i trot this morning.....great won't be long now! I check again that they have the right tyre i need in stock....Yes he said

"Ok lets get them on,"

So wheels come off they fit the tyres to the new wheels and i hear that dreaded sound again,

"Ere mate...you better have a look at this :( "

One of the part worn rears had a gash in the side wall:( so i say

"Have you one in stock"

he says "Sorry mate not a pirreli!"

Bugger....i say "What have you got?"

he says "A continental in that size."

I don,t like having different makes on:( so i reluctantly say "Have you a full set of any tyres that will fit?"

"Yes mate we have a full set of potenzas."

So i say "Lets do it:D !"

Then that little sound i grew to hate said "Ere mate these wheel nuts you give us are no good!"

I actualy said "Are you taking the piss out of me mate :rolleyes: !" he was not.

So off i trot to halfords, got back and they fitted them and then done the lazer geomatry, all went well, so even after all the aggro i was happy :D so off i drove .....:D

Then the arch rubbing started :( .....Got home nice and slowly and noticed my arches seem to dip down in the centre. So out come the tools and i managed to roll them back which has made it much better:D

So all in all a hectic and very expensive weekend, but worth it:D .....so i took some really nice pics for every one to see and i am sitting here thinking why me.............. i cannot find my camera lead:rolleyes: and now i am going on the piss:D

Guest gzaerojon

glad it ended ok Gaz, you probably didn't need me adding to the list of jobs though :(

potenzas are great tyres though :thumbs:

i'll grab those tyres at some point mate, and get some dosh back for you :)

glad it ended ok Gaz, you probably didn't need me adding to the list of jobs though :(

potenzas are great tyres though :thumbs:

i'll grab those tyres at some point mate, and get some dosh back for you :)

nah not to worry john i gave them to a poor looking guy that came in the garage with a ferrari (jordans old car):D got chatting to him as you do, he wanted them so i said have them so much less aggro;)

Guest gzaerojon
nah not to worry john i gave them to a poor looking guy that came in the garage with a ferrari (jordans old car):D got chatting to him as you do, he wanted them so i said have them so much less aggro;)

lol you got to help out these poor beggers sometimes i guess :D

Good god what a weekend Gaz.

I'll speak to the delivery company tomorrow about that delivery. Also, put a little bit of clear nail varnish over that chip to protect the surrounding area.

However, the main thing is - they look AWESOME :D

Regards,

Gaz.