The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Someone scuffed my rear bumper, advice needed

charlton

I went out last night and the Supe was fine parked outside my home in a parking bay - my road is a dead end so no one goes down there unless they need to. I dont recall seeing any damage to it when I got back, but I came out this morning to find a scuff on the corner of my rear bumper.

It was either a green/blue car judging by the marks that have been left. The bumper hasn't been pushed out of place or anything and hopefully I can remove the marks without leaving visible damage.

I'm really gutted seeing as JAE is only around the corner and I've not long had it resprayed.

Is there anything I can do legal wise, there are no witnesses that I know of and I have an idea of what car may have done it but need to see it first to see if there is any damage to their car

Can you put a picture of the mark up and give a detailed description of it?

I have removed a scuff from my rear bumper recently and can advise you on what I did if you want.

I've got some photos but dont have anything to get them off of my phone and onto the computer. I've had a look closer and I can see the paint is crazed (I think thats the term) and I doubt there is any chance of getting that back.... :(

go house to house and ask you neighboors, if they saw something.

more than likely as you live down a died end it was a visiter of one of them.

Either that or I have seen a few people rolling joints down here :rolleyes:

I thought you had a 'scuff' as in some paint had been removed leaving a mark.

If the paint is crazed underneath the lacquer then it will be very difficult to get back without repainting as it will be where the bumper has been stressed and cracked the paint.

Only thing I can suggest is possibly some polish such as SRP if you have it in your garage if not then some professional cutting compound may do the job but may require some light wet sanding and buffing with a machine polisher.

I can't guarantee any of the above will work so if in doubt see what a bodyshop has to say or try here http://www.detailingworld.co.uk

I went out last night and the Supe was fine parked outside my home in a parking bay - my road is a dead end so no one goes down there unless they need to. I dont recall seeing any damage to it when I got back, but I came out this morning to find a scuff on the corner of my rear bumper.

It was either a green/blue car judging by the marks that have been left. The bumper hasn't been pushed out of place or anything and hopefully I can remove the marks without leaving visible damage.

I'm really gutted seeing as JAE is only around the corner and I've not long had it resprayed.

Is there anything I can do legal wise, there are no witnesses that I know of and I have an idea of what car may have done it but need to see it first to see if there is any damage to their car

hate it when stuff like that happens ba*****ds.hope you get it sorted.

Guest CoolsBlue

just get some smooth sand paper to rub of the suffs, are they deep and have scratched the paint? if not rub them of with wet 1200 itll come of and the white paint will be dull, then use a bit of rubbing compound on it, irrc, or if its scraped the white do a bit of touching up, simple

just finished cleaning it now and T-Cut has managed to get most of the paint transfer and other black stuff off. Under all that there are a few deep scratches down to the fibreglass and a lot of cracked paintwork. Its livable but gutting because of JAE and I was hoping to do a photoshoot of it soon - might as well get it all resprayed in a flip paint :D

Thanks for the advice

that unlucky mate ! a kid from across the road has just rammed his bike into mine! the little bstard has scraped his mums car all over and said he was going to do mine.its about an 8in scrape down to the plastic, unlike you i know who did mine so i feel sorry for you i hope you find out so you can deal(kill) with them....

Guest CoolsBlue

this kid told you he was going to do it? is his mum letting him run wild? id give him a good slap for it.little sh*t

Guest CoolsBlue

dont stand for that bull, tell her your going to inform the police and get a quote from toyota and make her pay, will also force her to MAKE her son behave and learn a lesson.