The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bov/dump valve on an auto

Guest scoota80

Guest scoota80

just wondering if you have and auto does the bov valve still blow off every time it changes gear? have always wondered this

im only new so dont laugh lol

When ive been out in autos theres too much noise to notice if it does dump but i cant imagine it does as the power on them is constant. But still lets go when you release the throttle.

Someone will be along shortly to confirm.

generally BOV's work on the principal of the throttle plate being closed and the actuator being triggered, my auto does it im really peddling it, I get a real quick chirp!!

Thats the good thing with auto's, you dont lose as must boost between gear shift like you do in those slow 6-speeds ;):taped:

Guest scoota80

but i like that whhoosshh lol

can you get a recircualting bov so when you lift off the pedal its goes whoosh lol

but i like that whhoosshh lol

can you get a recircualting bov so when you lift off the pedal its goes whoosh lol

recirc valves go back into the system so no audiable woosh, its only the atmospheric ones that vent externally that make a noise.....there really is more to a supra then a wooosh mate ;)

If you really want a woosh then a turbosmart or blitz should give you the desired noise :search:;)

Guest scoota80

lol

nah i want the supra for it being a supra, i just like the whoosh,

ahhh i get what ya mean now i think i will get a blitz bov