The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just joined

Guest veemax

Guest veemax

Hi folks! just joined yr site as i'm hopin to buy meself one of these here Supra's next month! :cool: always wanted one so as i'll have a little bit of cash next month i've started to learn all i can about the car,

i'm slowly trawlin me way round the forums reading loads of threads, gleaning lots of info, and lots of it there is!

one thing i cant find on here is how you join the owners club? how do you aplly an pay membership fees?

could anyone on here give me some idea what kind of insurance i can expect to pay? Na or TT for a bloke of 48 got an SP30 couple of yrs ago, and only a couple of yrs NCB, i guess i'm lookin for a 94 -96 auto na or TT not sur e yet?, perhaps someone local to me (lincoln / newark) could give me a quick passenger ride in theres?, lol i've had a couple of fast rides on me Yamaha Vmax with a red Supra on the A46 out of lincoln, and dear o dear i'm impressed at the cars turn of speed! dont no if its a TT or not? not a slow car at all!!!! :eyebrows:

anyway hope to get to a meet sometime? but i work weekends :( so not so easy?, but i did get to the bubble meet once last summer on me bike, so wil try again!

ok i'll shut up now lol let someone else have a say!

Pete..........

Guest veemax
:)

Welcome

Im 54 9 years ncb protected agreed value and lite mods ie wheels and brakes and pay 460 /year fully comp for myauto tt

thats with sky the club insurer

Rich

Thx Rich, an yeh i no of Sky, a fem friend of mine insured her Mitsi FTO with them

Pete................

Guest veemax
Welcome :)

Had a V-max a few years ago great fun!! Interesting handling and brakes awesome engine :D

You can say that again Darren! I got a 99 canadian import, an the handlin is a constant scary but interesting problem lol

Pete.............

You can say that again Darren! I got a 99 canadian import, an the handlin is a constant scary but interesting problem lol

Pete.............

Had some purple thing with pipes and dynojet the only thing predictable about the handling was how bad it was! LOL

And that small fuel tank :(

Great fun though

Guest veemax
Welcome to the club!!

Give AON a ring. I pay £389.00 for a 96 NA. Max 5K miles though. As you are over 30 they will sort out a good price!!;)

H.

haha a good price is what i need! lol dont we all

say your a member of the club to sky and you get a discount :D

If you go in a TT you'll want one of them. The NA is a great car and as fast as a honda civic typre R. The TT is another animal, you'll find youself wanting more power and for about a £1000 can be taken from 280BHP on the import to around 370 - 400BHP and still be a daily driver, just like mine ;)

Insurance for you wont be too bad I would of thought im 23 with 3 yrs no claims all mods declared and im paying £1k. so at your age it will be nice and cheap...wish i was old :(

Guest veemax
say your a member of the club to sky and you get a discount :D

If you go in a TT you'll want one of them. The NA is a great car and as fast as a honda civic typre R. The TT is another animal, you'll find youself wanting more power and for about a £1000 can be taken from 280BHP on the import to around 370 - 400BHP and still be a daily driver, just like mine ;)

Insurance for you wont be too bad I would of thought im 23 with 3 yrs no claims all mods declared and im paying £1k. so at your age it will be nice and cheap...wish i was old :(

thx for yr feedback, had a blast with a type R on me Max the other day an was impressed with its get up an go! so if the NA is that fast i'll be happy! but yes i do like serious Rush! lol so perhaps i'lll be lookin 4 a TT, only 4 weeks b4 i can afford one! hehe cant wait to start lookin seriously :eyebrows:

Guest mk47

Welcome to the club mate. Where abouts in notts are you? I could take you for a spin in mine if you like i currently have an NA and a TT so best of both worlds :D

Guest veemax
What I suggest is you go in a NA, then a TT. Youll then be saying i want a manual, must be manual. You go in an auto and are plesently surprised :innocent:

Then go in a BPU car (

Auto is already a deffo for me, always loved autos! so that bit is sorted, fancy a black or bronze one if available?, an non standard wheels for sure, dont like the standard ones yuk! lol all the other spec i'm not to worried about, I think? :rolleyes:

Guest veemax
Welcome to the club mate. Where abouts in notts are you? I could take you for a spin in mine if you like i currently have an NA and a TT so best of both worlds :D

Hey thx for the offer! that would be great! i'm over here in newark, work in Oxton, an i'm often in mansfield at a mates place, so just depends where you are? an thx again

Pete.........

:wave: Hi Pete :welcome:

If your used to a bike, you'll be wanting a bit of grunt ;) I have an N/A and luv it but would ideally have had a TT except milage and initial cost ruled it out :( A TT would be your best bet. Then theres the single turbo conversions....:trampoline::ecstatic:

I've been passenger in Maz's (MK47) supe and its got some serious speed, sounds lush and being a BPU'd TT, you'd climb out grinning from ear to ear after, guaranteed!! :D

Hope you get the Supra your looking for mate, lots of well looked after examples on our for sale section, lots of advice here too, have a browse :gallery:

Linda

x

Guest veemax
:wave: Hi Pete :welcome:

If your used to a bike, you'll be wanting a bit of grunt ;) I have an N/A and luv it but would ideally have had a TT except milage and initial cost ruled it out :( A TT would be your best bet. Then theres the single turbo conversions....:trampoline::ecstatic:

I've been passenger in Maz's (MK47) supe and its got some serious speed, sounds lush and being a BPU'd TT, you'd climb out grinning from ear to ear after, guaranteed!! :D

Hope you get the Supra your looking for mate, lots of well looked after examples on our for sale section, lots of advice here too, have a browse :gallery:

Linda

x

Hi Linda, thx for yr input, i had a go in Maz's (mk47) TT an wow hqve to say what a way to get hooked on a Supra!!!!, looks like i'll be after a TT 4 sure lol, but i guess i should still get a ride in a NA, just so i no the difference?

yeh i'm used to my bikes power now, and deffo have a need 4 speed :D 0-60 in 2.8s lol me arms are longer now!

i've still gotta look into this BPU melarky an suss that out?

thx again an hope to get chattin or meet up with you all soon? maybe at a meet if i can get time off work? :rolleyes:

Pete................

Guest veemax
Is this Pete as in friend of Mr Galloway? As in took my fiancee Zoe on the back of your VMax around Thorney a couple of years ago?

If so then HI!

If not then you probably think I'm quite weird.

Hey hi there! yeh its me lol, nice to hear from you mate, Shaun said you was on here, haha Zoe aint got you to buy a Max yet then? lol

are you going to broadlands? if so i'll see you there mate

Pete..........

Fraid not, got a TKD grading that weekend :rolleyes: . I'm on the lookout for a CBR600 actually (when I've done my test!!), yes I'm going for a power ranger bike! :D

Fundamentals of BPU are here:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=94705

It's well worth it!!

Shaun said you were going to look at a black one? If it's not a member on here then post up the details and we'll all scrutinise and find fault for you. :D