The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fat Controller/LeeT Orange Supra

Alex

couldn't care less, i couldn't sell it at 14k so best of luck to him, he doesn't even have the spec sheet :D

I still think your Supe (past tense) is one of the best i've ever seen.

Is the Scooby ok, are you happy with it?

It does seem strange to try and sell so soon!

I still think your Supe (past tense) is one of the best i've ever seen.

Is the Scooby ok, are you happy with it?

It does seem strange to try and sell so soon!

i am happy with the scooby for now but is going up for sale soon and waiting till winter for my m3 vert:d i did the swap for the fact that the scoob will be easier to sell.

the supra was great but the running costs were high, it wasn't very practical and i had to take over my dads garage to keep it in:d at least with the scoob or the m3 i can leave it on my drive without it drawing to much attention to itself, i'll be back with a supra in a few years once i got a garage to keep it in

I love that supra - and am gutted to see it continually changing hands :( Especially when the new owner seems to think he/she can make a quick buck by increasing the price and potentially not telling anyone about the cat-d status.

It had at least two severe smashes, maybe three accidents overall? Can't quite remember what LeeT told me now.

His wife had totally lost faith in it and I think Lee decided best to get rid before anyone got hurt.

I know it looks perfect now, but I really wouldn't fancy it.

It had at least two severe smashes, maybe three accidents overall? Can't quite remember what LeeT told me now.

His wife had totally lost faith in it and I think Lee decided best to get rid before anyone got hurt.

ouch, i nearly bought it, soo glad i didnt now.

always suss that 2 people bought it and sold it soon after!!

very naughty that it doesnt mention its a cat d etc

very naughty that it doesnt mention its a cat d etc

Indeed, but that wouldnt put me off owning it if I wanted it. Cat D is repairable and nothing to serious other than cost of repair usually makes it not worth repairing to insurance companies. The car is no doubt sound.

Only resale reasons is a legitimate reason for not wanting a Cat D car.

Indeed, but that wouldnt put me off owning it if I wanted it. Cat D is repairable and nothing to serious other than cost of repair usually makes it not worth repairing to insurance companies. The car is no doubt sound.

Only resale reasons is a legitimate reason for not wanting a Cat D car.

dont get me wrong a cat d depending on what damage didnt bother me hence why i was interested when lee was selling but my wife won the arguement but its now been said it has had several crashes or knocks??

to be honest if there was something wrong with the car it would be up for the same price the owner paid for it to get rid but as its gained £2k+ then it was obviously a money making thing for the owner but as the previous owner says he had trouble selling at £14k so theres no way he will get what he's asking unless he bends the truth :(

Mike

well the crash in france was all i knew about and i see all the pics of the damage on gvn's website, the car drove perfect, handled perfect and was not dangerous atall, was a great car for the 7 months that i owned it but just changed for practicality, plus i get bored very easy:d

You say he won't get the money for it but if he is a trader which it looks like he is then in all probability he will get the money for it. He will also not have payed as much for the scooby as you or I would (Joe-public I mean) so he stands to make a penny or two. Thats just business. Its a bit naughty not mentioning the cat D status but again most people would run away freaked out without even giving the car a chance even though a Cat D is only a financial write off and clearly has had a decent repair job on it as it was done at a reputable and expensive firm.

I'll put it this way I advertised my supra for over 8 months at £14k I ended up taking only £11500 for it. Two months later the new owner was offered the £14k for it when he thought he was moving out of the country. A reputable dealer on here was trying to sell a car for a long time, another reputable dealer bought it and sold it for more than the original dealer was advertising it for. Location makes a huge difference to a cars value and also a retailers reputation and access to clients.