The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock Jspec 280bhp - 300+bhp

Supradk84

Well, I am having at debate with some people over here about the jspec's bhp. They keep telling me it only has 280bhp. But I recall a coulpe of times, someone on here said that they easy could have 300+, if the ic ect. is in good condition.

Can anyone confirm this. Mabey somekind off proof, I can smack in their :)

thanks guys ;)

They are "officially" 280bhp because japanese manufactures have agreed to only go as high as that. But they roll off the production line running 326 if I remember correctly.

Course a 10 year old car will be running slightly less but it's still round the 300 mark!

That magic '326' figure is the UK spec number.

As there is no propper figure its up for debate. Stock stock turbo'd JDM cars are over 300 bhp at least.

Sadly there arnt enough stock JDM dynos floating around to get a decent picture of what they really do put out.

That magic '326' figure is the UK spec number.

As there is no propper figure its up for debate. Stock stock turbo'd JDM cars are over 300 bhp at least.

Sadly there arnt enough stock JDM dynos floating around to get a decent picture of what they really do put out.

what about the gentlemens agreement ;) you forgot to mention it.

When mine was stock (apart from a shite foam panel filter in the stanndard airbox) it was 262bhp at the wheels in an auto on Surrey RR.

Take out the transmission losses and put it up around 300bhp ish for what was then a 13yr old car.

Is that the run where you forgot to turn off the aircon as featured in J-Tuner?

Lets not forget the mythical extra 25 bhp the TT VVTi alledgedly packs.

At the only group rolling road day I attended the VVTIs were putting out higher figures than simular spec'd Jspec cars. I think a basic decated one made 400bhp which no other Jspec with just a decat could get near..

Hes talking about stock cars.. I remember you at the rolling road down at G-Force in Aylesbury and your car was one of the better BPU performers, anything modified fudges the figures.

I was just using it as a proven illustration that the VVTIs do have more grunt than Jspec. If they are more powerful at BPU they are likely to be more powerful standard. Well that was my theory.

My car still had a CAT in on that day.

:)