The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone drifting a supra? esp in West - london

H7ERO

Iv just been reading the events section with somthing TINT organising a bit of Legal drifting in uxbridge

and was wondering if anyone is using a supra mainly for drifting?

I know the supra is a versatile beast which is why we love it, some peoples main reason for buying one is draggin or shows or the styling but mine was for drifting:eyebrows:!

I just wanted another toyota front engined rearwheel drive sportyish car with a factory LSD and after a couple of Ae86s which fell apart somthing a bit stonger too! and SUPRA fit the bill:)

So if anyone else is into it or wants to get into it i say we should have a meet to "SHARE" some ideas . . . . (i have a tyre machine too which helps):sly:

also if anyone organising an event wants any help whatsoever running / organising / instructing / tyrechanging a drift area im well up for it:)

I used to do a lot of drift days in my rollas a few years back but man was there too much NISSAN love:rolleyes:

Mine *will* be drifting on Thursday next week at drift academy - based on how it goes, it may turn into a drift car... *grin*

Basically I've never done it before, and want to give it a go. I think the main reason we don't see much Supra drift action is because they are relatively expensive cars to screw up rather than there being any technical issues (I hope!)

RWD - check

Manual Box - check

LSD - check

BHP - check

Cheers

James

good good:)

true its more expensive if you hit anything than a nissan or old BMW, but on the + side i havnt had to modify anything on my supra - its all standard i just fitted a bucket seat for faster stuff like 3rd gear and upwards and its a N/a!

its prbably easier to control the N/a in the drift as throttle response is much more linear but harder to start the drift due to less power - still more than enough to learn with!

also pump your rear tyres up to 55psi that helps lots or use a spare set of front wheels on the back 225 width or similar!;)