The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying my First Supra

Epic

Right, im looking to buy my first Supra in the next 3-4months, realisticly.. im 21, and about to get a job promotion but even so, getting a supra a push at my age. im able to strech to about 5-8k and haggle with insurance as much as poss.

The advice im after if just, weither to get a none turbo and upgrade in time or just save all the bollocks upgrade time and extra money and go all out on getting a TT.

I dont wana be looked on as just another wanabee, rather a car freak whos goin to do special things once i have my baby

any advice

You have 3 months so have a good read of some of the threads on here with the pros and cons, IF you by a TT you will not have a great deal of change from 8K and if that is the case you may be suprised how expensive these cars are to run and maintain and you may find yourself spending all your hard earned promotion money on the car, Buy with care and use the forum to ask plenty of questions before you spend any money ;), oh and welcome :D

Yeh id love to go TT will have to get some prices on the cars and insurance and see whats goin to be practicle and not a kick in the bollocks every month

When I was 19 my NA was just over 1k tpft

Now, at 22 with all mods declared with 3year ncb its just under 1k fully comp with over double the hp which isnt too bad considering.

tooquicktostop, very good point of view, and perhaps to plan between now and next summer for the perfect supra could be an idear, but knowing my ill buy one b4 then and perfect it my self.

What would you consider the most expencive mainternance cost? im thinking breaks (and if uprated god help me)

Whats a good millage to buy at, iv seen alot are usualy around 75-80k and that doesnt seem to high in my personal experience

I just got a Q from Elephant and its

£1097 tpft and £1654.70 fc on the 10month policy

and

£1262.35 tpft and £1907.05 fc on the 12month policy

This is with 3 points SP30 for speeding and 1 claim on my insurance for a crash i had a few years ago

NOT BAD if you ask me

This is based on a TOYOTA SUPRA TWIN TURBO 2997cc 3 Door Coupe 1993-1996

I borrowed a Reg, N797SOK (Not sure whos car it is, looks sweet as a nut tho)

I just got a Q from Elephant and its

£1097 tpft and £1654.70 fc on the 10month policy

and

£1262.35 tpft and £1907.05 fc on the 12month policy

This is with 3 points SP30 for speeding and 1 claim on my insurance for a crash i had a few years ago

NOT BAD if you ask me

This is based on a TOYOTA SUPRA TWIN TURBO 2997cc 3 Door Coupe 1993-1996

I borrowed a Reg, N797SOK (Not sure whos car it is, looks sweet as a nut tho)

N797 SOK happens to be my car ;)

Remember its a uk spec so its considerably cheaper than what a j-spec would be.

Not a bad quote considering your conviction and claim.

You just need to buy a uk spec and your all set to go :thumbs:

Get a TT but don't get one in the next few months. It'll be Autumn and Winter and you'll find it annoying and difficult and possibly dangerous.

Save up for a bit longer and look to buy one in the Spring.

this would have been good advice 20 years ago but now it seems the weather is better in october-febuary than it is in june-august

Guest scoota80

yeah save up and get a tt

thats what i am doing am im 20 and 21 in a fewmonths so im doing as much searchng as possible about the car and even getting taken out in a manual and auto to see what i like, ive got a quote for fully comp on an import when im 21 with i years no claims for £880.00 that is through bell