The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I let my 15 y/o brother drive my Supe...

charlton

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15. Driving. Am I missing something?

He has taste!!

Of course it was a private road all the way there ;)

I would not have been trusted or able at 15 to drive a Supra thats for sure

I taught him in a car park and then I let him take over once we got close enough (it was technicaly private) - I was crapping myself being behind a car worth £100,000's without being insured!

Yeah a private road, with no other kids running around overexcited and showing off to their mates. That's what it was.

Otherwise you'd have to be a real spoon to do that.

-Ian

Trust and respect comes into it a lot.

There were safety barriers stopping kids from running around in the way of cars - dont forget he wasn't the only one to turn up in a car. Everyone that turns up is in some sort of Hummer, Lambo, Bentley etc so they would need some sort of organisation to allow the cars to pass through without a lollypop lady (and there was people there to assist)

He has taste!!

I taught him in a car park and then I let him take over once we got close enough (it was technicaly private) - I was crapping myself being behind a car worth £100,000's without being insured!

On private land? :blink:

Well you see here is where the law becomes a grey area. Private land in some circumstances can become public places when they are open to the public wether on payment or otherwise.

And car parks are generally considered to be public places and as such are subject to the vagaries of the Road Traffic Act.

Whilst I can understand your sentiment in doing something great for your brother,and I'm sure he'll be eternally grateful for it, sometimes some things are just not worth the risk. As others have said you risked your licence, his licence and, well, I need not say anymore.

Sorry mate, but really not impressed, and without putting too fine a point on it, I think you're a f***ing idiot.

Mike

IMHO thats putting it mildly, only goes to prove you can buy a motor but you have to be born with brains.