hondaboy

well

pound for pound you may as will use a wet nos kit

other than that you can

De-cat

6-3-1 manifold

Inlet cam

Light weight crank pulley

Exhaust cam (would require the dissy to be remove and control by a ECU)

ECU

port and polish

skim the head

Put your car on a diet

and finally your can put a turbo on

well

pound for pound you may as will use a wet nos kit

other than that you can

De-cat

4-2-1 manifold

Inlet cam

ECU

port and polish

skim the head

Put your car on a diet

and finally your can put a turbo on

Are you talking about the same engine here?

a little underpowered?? 225bhp. hmmm depends non what you have been used to. should have bought a twin tubbie. theres loads for sale quite cheap too

traded a 300zx tt for the "sensible" 3.0 n/a supra, missing the twin turbo but loving the look of the Toyota!

Inlet cam

port and polish

skim the head

The above items worry me the most...

1. Light weight crank pulley -> Are you are aware of the potential damage to the crank and gearbox by fitting one of these. What benefits would expect from this.

2. Exhaust cam -> Fair play with the cam, but are you aware of the amount of work converting the car to Cam/crank sensor ignition? Doable at a price.

3. Port and polish -> Again, what sort of polish? swirl polish or mirror finish on the intake?

4. skim the head -> Why? To gain some compression? do it properly and change pistons, thinning the squish area by using a thinner headgasket or skimming the head will result in a lot of nasties. Possible detonation and possibly turning the engine into an interference design.

The above items worry me the most...

1. Light weight crank pulley -> Are you are aware of the potential damage to the crank and gearbox by fitting one of these. What benefits would expect from this.

2. Exhaust cam -> Fair play with the cam, but are you aware of the amount of work converting the car to Cam/crank sensor ignition? Doable at a price.

3. Port and polish -> Again, what sort of polish? swirl polish or mirror finish on the intake?

4. skim the head -> Why? To gain some compression? do it properly and change pistons, thinning the squish area by using a thinner headgasket or skimming the head will result in a lot of nasties. Possible detonation and possibly turning the engine into an interference design.

humm

1. from the reading i have be doing a light weight crank pully can provide a 10bhp and there reasonlby cheap from america, but seems to be a good addition with the cams.

2: no idea of the work included i'll be paying someone else to do the work :)

3: be honest not looked into that much, but i will be shortly

4: not researched it yet but sounds a no no already lol

Guest Phillw454

Lol i wonder how many of these threads there is now.

Its like the NA's path, sign up, say hi, go to supra section, ask for more power:d

How does a lightweight crank pulley create 10bhp?

It doesn't.

If it took 10bhp to spin the pulley, can you imagine the rest of the ancilliaries?

You'd need 200bhp just to overcome the extra mechanical friction.

These pulleys often tend to be underdrive too, so the lower current from the alternator helps your ECU work better and the fuel pump shoves more under stress. Or maybe not.