The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from USA

Guest thedarcsage

Guest thedarcsage

Hey, I've been browsing mostly in the For Sale section and checking out the clean supras overseas. I have sent pm's to a few of you too. heh

Just thought I'd say hi and establish a bit of legitimacy

My username is also thedarcsage on http://www.supraforums.com and http://www.supramania.com

Here's my profile on http://www.supraforums.com with 8 positive feedback ratings and 900+ posts:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/member.php?u=44632

(Though I wish, that is not my house. lol)

Geo Prizm aka Toyota Corolla 1997 heh

so if you know of a good UK forum for corolla parts, let me know! I'm looking for coilovers or bilstein shocks :p

Ok, thanks!

hey i love your car mate looks awesome, do you have any rubbing issues with your wheels? also what was required to make them fit? also have you got negative rear camber?

oh and can you get some closer pics of the rear wheels i want to see how far they stick out?

Guest thedarcsage

Hehe thanks :)

Yeah, I guess I'm used to flamers and posers on the other forums heh

Badges were found on Ebay a few years back for about £3-5 per pair, but I'm not sure where else to get them.

I'm also a member of the supra forum for the US and can confirm it's a great forum here in the UK and very friendly (on the whole! ;)).

A huge welcome and congrats on your car, looks awesome and having a sunny background given the pis'ing weather we've had for the past few weeks is a real breath of fresh air! :D

Will be great having you on board and hopefully I can pick your brains on a few areas you guys seem to have mastered over there :eyebrows:

Lord knows our drag boys could do with some pointers! :p

All the best,

Pete :)

Guest andyj22

gorgeous weather there and welcome hope you enjoy and your supra is really nice

PS: its still raining here no ending to it

Guest thedarcsage

Thanks again for all the kind words! :)

Unlike the Yanks over here, I'm not too showy lol (If that's the correct term these days heh or just Americans, I guess.)

I browse the members' photos too because you guys have so many rare parts that we don't have, especially the oem sides, spats, and the active spoiler.

The wheels rub too much, and that's why I'm putting the stock springs back on until I find a set of nice coilovers. (Won't go widebody unless I can help it!)

It sticks out about 1" or so

Ahh, I thought your car looked familiar, MrDriver! Where could I purchase these fender arches? I don't want to puncture the rear fenders with huge Veilside overfenders.

http://www.mrdriver.net/mrdriver_images/Supra/Wallpapersupra.jpg

You guys have got some of the best resources too! Dusty from MVP has helped me and so have Kean/Zohair from Boostlogic.com

And I've seen Bobbeh's videos of Nürburgring too! I gotta visit and hope it's possible to rent Skylines over there or in Asia :innocent: Over here, corvettes and Mustangs are too common. Everyone and their mother drives an M3 (no CSL's though :p), but nothing against these cars. lol

Guest thedarcsage

lol

Differences in dialect aren't too much of a language barrier...I hope /think :read: Except, I still don't understand some words, phrases, allusions, etc. (e.g., when Jeremy Clarkson pokes fun at certain people or the Stars in a Reasonably Priced Car.) I still get stumped on some of your words for certain car parts.

(My exposure to UK culture and stuff is limited to Top Gear and Hot Fuzz recently. heh I don't read much in terms of modern literature coming from there other than some of Jeremy's articles. lol)

:friday:

Hello welcome, you'll find alot of nice guys on this forum. One of your county men (J-SpecGermany) is from the states, but now resides in Germany! From your pics, I'm liking the smooth and wide roads in the US! Nice looking car, liking the deep dishes! :D

Guest thedarcsage

Thanks all :)

yup good to see PHR too!

oh yeah, and add those clear tail light conversions to the list of super rare parts lol