The mkiv Supra Owners Club

considering a supra

Guest bigvin666

Guest bigvin666

hey guys im new to the forum i,m looking to replace my sadly departed mr2 turbo and a supra is on the shortlist. id like to hear the pros and cons from you guys what mileage servicing reliability etc is like also if anyone who lives near airdrie or central scotland in general wouldnt mind takin me out a ride as a passenger in their car so i can experience what how the car drives as there aint many in garages to test drive round here thanks guys

Welcome mate!

I'd offer a ride in my car, but I'm a couple of hundred miles away :D

As a general rule, you can't go wrong with a Supra in terms of reliability. I've never driven an MR2 unfortunately so I can't compare the two.

What would you be looking for? Manual/Auto? TT/NA? What budget you looking at? You hoping to pick up a car in this country or import yourself a fresh example? Don't dismiss the auto box if you're initially thinking that you want a manual. I was like that, but ended up with an auto. Loving it so far too!

There's some very nice cars up for sale on here at the moment (there always is to be honest - loads of people seem to be being "sensible" and selling their cars to buy houses and grown-up stuff).

Hey dude welcome to the Forum.

Yeah you cant go wrong with a Supra, there bullet proof if you treat them well. And all the Members on the forum do. So if your looking for a car then a member on here is the best place to go, or Jurgen who is a trader on here will sort you out. I got my car from him and TBH i got a feking cracker.

I can take you out in mine if you want im not far from you Im down in Kilwinning, but im in Glas most Days with work. Or get yourself along to the Jap meet next Thursday at newhouse juction 6 Brewers Lodge or whatever its called.

P.s Last time i took someone out in my car they ripped the grab handle off. He he.

Geo

Guest bigvin666

hey geo is that the 12th of july as in a week today? what time is the meeting at itd b much appreciated if youcould take us out a blast and give me a bit of info on ownership newhous is only couple of miles from mine so would be very handy

Hi and welcome!

I was in the same shoes as you and started off in an MR2 Turbo which at the time i did love but I decided to go for a Sup purely because I instantly fell in love with the looks and sound of the straight 6!

Personally i beleive the handling from a Supra is much more rewarding than in the understeering straight to a 360 degree spin MR2! This is obviously my own opinion but the whole front engined / rear drive is unbeatable when it comes to the perfect balance.

As for not going for the n/a due to having an MR2 turbo before this is what I have done and in all honesty once you learn the Sup's characteristics i don't think you'll miss the MR2 for a second.

I know I don't!!!

Either way keep us informed!;)

As for not going for the n/a due to having an MR2 turbo before this is what I have done and in all honesty once you learn the Sup's characteristics i don't think you'll miss the MR2 for a second.

I know I don't!!!

Either way keep us informed!;)

Na i meant cos if i was gonna take you out i only have a N/A atm dont know if it interested him :p

Na i meant cos if i was gonna take you out i only have a N/A atm dont know if it interested him :p

NA's rock!!

Get a TT though if speed is your priority....;) I love my manual NA to bits. Get a Supe, you won't regret it!! :cool:

H.

hey geo is that the 12th of july as in a week today? what time is the meeting at itd b much appreciated if youcould take us out a blast and give me a bit of info on ownership newhous is only couple of miles from mine so would be very handy

Yea thats the one mate, get yourself along and meet all of us, there should be a few Nissan guys there too. Im sure we can arrange to take you out in a n/a, TT, and a single turbo Soop. And you can feel the difference.

Geo..

Guest bigvin666

thanks for the great response guys ill see you all next thursday night as long as everything goes ok gettin the keys to my new hoose but please dont slag the crappy fiat runaround ive got just now lol. saw a black sup near strath park this arvo it lokked and sounded awesome. btw who do you guys use fr insurance?

thanks for the great response guys ill see you all next thursday night as long as everything goes ok gettin the keys to my new hoose but please dont slag the crappy fiat runaround ive got just now lol. saw a black sup near strath park this arvo it lokked and sounded awesome. btw who do you guys use fr insurance?

There is loads of places you can try mate. I opted for the Club Insurers. http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk They know what there talking about, plus we get disscount. hehe

Geo