The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dunlop SP9000?

rik

Yeah, i need them for the rears on uk 17"s. They're very well priced against most other options like Potenzas etc.

The Michelin pilot sports seem quite pricey, and i heard the mileage is not so good? :)

I've just read through some more old posts, and it really is tricky to get an idea. Someone really rates something, then you read somewhere else that it's rubbish.

Those Falkens are way cheaper than most though. Found tham here for £88 each,

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m4b0s321p6210

But it says 94Y at the end. Does this mean they are Y rated as opposed to Z?

:)

I've had the Dunlops all round since I bought the car a year and a half ago. Have replaced all four since and I stuck with the same. I have found them to be fairly hard wearing but I don't think the grip is the best and they seem to quite easily spin in the wet. I have 275/40/18 on the rears which seems quite hard to get in other brands.

When I next replace the rears (soon) I think I will look at either the Goodyears or the Toyos as i'm hoping the grip, especially in the wet, will be better...

Those Falkens are way cheaper than most though. Found tham here for £88 each,

:)

why do you think these tyres are so cheap, its because they are crap, no they wont wear out but they offer little grip as well, i made the mistake of trying some of these when i got a pair secondhand

why do you think these tyres are so cheap, its because they are crap, no they wont wear out but they offer little grip as well, i made the mistake of trying some of these when i got a pair secondhand

Maybe yours were crap because they were second hand. Like i said earlier, it seems everyone has a different opinion, but i can't imagine they will have "little grip". I'll find out for myself soon though and if i'm wrong, well i'm sure i'll get over it :D

Maybe yours were crap because they were second hand. Like i said earlier, it seems everyone has a different opinion, but i can't imagine they will have "little grip". I'll find out for myself soon though and if i'm wrong, well i'm sure i'll get over it :D

the tyres had done 100 miles so hardly knackered, to me the price says it all why are Toyo T1R or Pirellis twice or three times the price, as with everything in life you get exactly what you pay for, if performance is not an issue i can accept we are not all the same and dont mind the inferior grip then go cheap, but you may as well re-name the thread "which are the cheapest tyres"