The mkiv Supra Owners Club

News report from victims of recent flooding

Suprasteve

Anybody see this yesterday ?

Now I didn’t hear this myself so I don’t know how accurate this is but my friend said he watched on TV last night a news reporter talking to some victims of flooding. They were complaining that there local council had not done enough to help them.

“some of these poor people don’t have any buildings insurance, what are they supposed to do?”

Some aid was handed out but they weren’t happy with this free money as it wasn’t enough.

Surely if they would have paid for insurance like the rest of us there wouldn’t be a problem and as for moaning that they weren’t given enough free money, well shouldn't they be grateful ?

Did anybody see this report and was there more to it than that ?

I'd be interested to see it for myself to get the facts.

All the reports I've seen have surprised me with the amount of people who are uninsured so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest given the handout society we live in today.

I feel extremely sorry for all the victims, but if they couldn't be bothered to insure their places and belongings they shouldn't expect others to bail them out for nothing.

Someone told me about flood victims complaining they had no insurance the other day.

In all honesty I have little sympathy for anyone without buildings and contents insurance. I mean, what if they got burgled or had a house fire?

It's sad that their posessions have been ruined but perhaps they should have got their priorities in order.

Someone told me about flood victims complaining they had no the other day.

In all honesty I have little sympathy for anyone without buildings and contents insurance. I mean, what if they got burgled or had a house fire?

It's sad that their posessions have been ruined but perhaps they should have got their priorities in order.

:yeahthat: the rest of us pay insurance for a reason - to me, not having buildings/contents cover is like driving without a license.... :blink:

There was one on the other night complaining that her £1000 leather chairs were ruined "only 'ad 'em a week" - nasty bright red things, of course she had no insurance, probably got them at 40% APR from DFS on the basis she's be dead before the payments started.

*sigh*

Someone told me about flood victims complaining they had no insurance the other day.

thats exactly my point but tried to word it carefully as i thought you lot would call me an insensitive bastard

I feel extremely sorry for all the victims, but if they couldn't be bothered to insure their places and belongings they shouldn't expect others to bail them out for nothing.

Well considering the handouts we give to other countries/societies, and the taxes we and them pay, I'm not suprised they moaned. Quite rightly too, no one expects their home to be turned into a swimming pool, perhaps they had cover just not 'enough'.

With the amount of money this government spends on sh*te, I'd be quite happy to see these folk getting their lives restored to working order, and money spent on preventing a repeat.

thats exactly my point but tried to word it carefully as i thought you lot would call me an insensitive bastard

Screw insensitive. If they've got no insurance then tough. What if everyone else decided to cancel their insurance on the grounds that the government will pay out anyway. I'm fed up with bleeding heart liberals crying that insurance is too dear for the chavs to afford if they live in areas liable to flood. If you live in an area liable to flooding then your insurance will be expensive in much the same way as if you drive a Ferrari, your car insurance will be dear.

I can remember last time there were floods even people who did have house insurance that covered them couldn't claim on it because the insurance company said they needed the policy number to start a claim... wheres the policy papers with the policy number on them? Destroyed by the flood. Game over.

So, from that point of view its pointless having insurance against flooding imo, basard insurance companies ripping people off yet again :(