The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fto forum...... rx7 v sup

black cat

Cracks me up how someone compare's a modified Rex, with a standard Soop !, not really a fair comparison.. :rolleyes:

Did the Supe not have a bomex front end! Which is pig ugly and a dodgy superman logo!!!

They chose to drive an FTO anyway like I would value their opinion!:search:

Quite a funny thread. I had to restrain myself a good 5 times from replying to this comment:

"The interior of the Supras is disgusting!"

WTF. Where has this tit-head been, has he even sat in the cockpit of a Supra? Time and time again people who get in the passenger seat of my car are amazed at the swooping cockpit and lavish dials etc. They love it. This guys is clearly frikking demented.

just sold my wifes FTO after owning it for 3 years. Quite possibly the worst car i have ever driven.

she had a manual (not tiptronic), the gear box was aweful and an effort to get in gear into 1st and 2nd. The fly wheel was so sensitive it made driving in traffic jams a nightmare.

As for the engine admittedly she only had the 2.0L v6 GR version (not mivec) but there was absolutely no power and had to rev the nuts off it just to get anywhere. It sounded like it was going to explode past 5,000 revs and all this from a car that had only (supposedly) done 40,000 miles.

The bodywork is extremely tinny, when you shut the boot you thought it would brake.

It handled pretty well up to 50mph but anything over that was scary.

On the plus side i think they look very sporty for a little car.

The GR model is basically a complete and utter let down to drive for me, however i would like to drive a Mivec for comparison.

Yeah if you have ever sat in or driven an FTO then quite how they can accuse the Supra cockpit as being disgusting I'll never know, but i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder;)

Also the fact that the FTO mimics both the Supra and the Rex that there trying to choose from cracks me up:eyebrows:

I also think that FTOs are just trying to be Supras and failing badly.

I've thought that before now, but I usually get shot down when I suggest it! There's also a guy at my work who reckons his V6 FTO is quicker than my TT. His only comment after I took him for a spin was "a bit slow isn't it". One word for the likes of him. Tit :D

well i sold my fto to buy my supe (mivec uk ralliart modal 2001), and really only brought it in the first place because i couldnt insure a supra at 18:)

i thought it was an excellent car, nice interia quick for what it was and sounded awsome although i had moded it a bit. i like the look of the facelift. mine was one of the last made though so some of the problems had been ironed out. the gearbox (manual) was just awfull - i could never get it in first without stopping for a second or two.

some pictures of a nice fto (to compare)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=warrenpayne

As for supra or fto - thats just silly, supras are just so much better in every way:d:d:d