The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Elvington Top Speed Event - 8th July

michael

If its a dry day we will be there, any idea of the distance?

If its 1.25 miles will use road map as it should be at red line in 6th over that distance any way.

I only know what I've posted up unfortunately :(

I'm at Silverstone so can't make it :(

i went for a ride,what a waste of £20 to get in was rained off.sun came out then poured down and everyone went.seen a gorgeous porsche rs with roll cage leaving as i arrived,

seen your supra carl and steves.i heard guy on tannoy saying you did 156mph what did steve do

a bike did a 207mph

also there was a gsx 1500r with nos

hi mark i thought i saw you and the wife going just before it pissed it down i did 152.8mph was my top run and i think steve hit 175mph was to wet on the strip for his car he almost lost the back end so he shut off i dont blame him his car is a beast

Karl went of with your pum did not need race fuel more than enough power on the road map for wet track, will brig it to TOTB.

Adam got to 190 well before the line but aquaplaned had oposit lock on @190 so backed off and crossed the line @ 179.8. Usefull to know the limit of R88s is 180 in the wet on our car. We were looking forward to having a go against the porch be he went when it rained he had track day tyres on more slik than the R88s.

We feel that on a dry track the car can top 200 in one mile.

I think there is another top speed day at the end of september, hope you have your cae de limited and bpu by then and we get a dry day.

Car results:

1. Paul Beaumont - TVR Cerbera 5000cc - 180.6

2. Adam Sherwood - Toyota Supra 3000cc - 179.4

3. Michael Holmes - TVR Cerbera 4500cc - 171.0

4. Karl Owen - Toyota Supra 3000cc - 152.8

5. Tony Pearman - Lotus Elise 2000cc Type - 145.5

6. Jeremy Farman - Porsche 928S 4700cc - 143.2

7. Fraser Guest - TVR Chimera 4000cc - 142.2

Fastest speed of the day was Dan Hall on a Nitrous-fed Hayabusa - 207.8mph

Slowest time of the day was a Lambreta 230cc at 88.8mph

For comparison Karl's top speed was around the same level as the R1s and ZX6Rs, Steve was with the GSXRs and standard Hayabusas, ZX12Rs results ranged from 165mph to 199.4mph

At a top speed event like this what sort of launches do you do?

I'm always put off of 1/4 mile runs dues to the stresses on the car especially at launch.

Ideally you need to be doing a 1/4 mile launch and then keep it planted, there is some scope for being slightly less intense though.

Nice result Steve! Opposite lock at 190, holy moly!

I'm not sure a 74mm turbo'd Supra can crack 200mph in the dry in a mile but I really hope you can...

Gaz.

Hi Gaz we only have a 72 mm turbo so its more of a challenge, we have never run the race map and car at full power so it hard to say. Adam thinks it will but I know its asking a lot form the spec.