The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm screwed!!!

supraspeed

Drivin on A41, i take a gap in traffic at aylesbury roundabout, put foot down, revs go through the roof, naturally assume its popped outta gear, put into 2nd, put foot down, revs up no drive, into 3rd, same again.... you can see where this is going...

at this point i'm rolling around roundabout and pull up on some road off it. the gear box is grinding in every gear and neutral. got car recovered this mornin and the gear box is officially fucked!

i've had the car 3 weeks and so far the brake line has gone and now the gear box brakes! now at this point u all are probably thinkin take it back to dealer... except i didn't get it from a dealer i bought it off some guy in woking so theres no chance of guarantee or warranty. being 400bhp on a N/A converted supra i naturally thought this might have been upgraded but it turns out its a standard gearbox so i'm bit pissed off. annoyingly enough it was going to be taken down a tuners on wednesday to sort out a few bits and find out whats really under the bonnet but now this has happened theres no point. only being 21, finding the cash to sort this one out going to be a mission, anyone know how much a gear box is by any chance?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a few guys on here that break Supras and may be able to help. Try jezzybabes at Quality Salvage Direct maybe. Sorry to hear about that too - truly gutting. My auto box went on my tt - I thought they were bulletproof!

I would expect the NA 5 speed to handle 400BHP fine to be honest. There are quite a few NA-T cars running on the 5 speed.

Depends how long its been running at that amount of power i reckon :search: I think it would be sensible to upgrade the gearbox if you are putting large amounts more power than standard

Drivin on A41, i take a gap in traffic at aylesbury roundabout, put foot down, revs go through the roof, naturally assume its popped outta gear, put into 2nd, put foot down, revs up no drive, into 3rd, same again.... you can see where this is going...

at this point i'm rolling around roundabout and pull up on some road off it. the gear box is grinding in every gear and neutral. got car recovered this mornin and the gear box is officially fucked!

i've had the car 3 weeks and so far the brake line has gone and now the gear box brakes! now at this point u all are probably thinkin take it back to dealer... except i didn't get it from a dealer i bought it off some guy in woking so theres no chance of guarantee or warranty. being 400bhp on a N/A converted supra i naturally thought this might have been upgraded but it turns out its a standard gearbox so i'm bit pissed off. annoyingly enough it was going to be taken down a tuners on wednesday to sort out a few bits and find out whats really under the bonnet but now this has happened theres no point. only being 21, finding the cash to sort this one out going to be a mission, anyone know how much a gear box is by any chance?

I am sorry but my bullshit detector is in the red.

You join, 2mins later you own a 400hp NA-T. At every turn people have asked you for pics and you have either diverted the conversation or said your car is at work/camera gone awol etc. Next thing the brakes fail catastrophically and then a day or two later your gearbox blows up. All within less than 8 weeks.

Either you are the unluckiest sod in the world and bought a shitter and have a tendancy to lose cars/cameras/brakepads/brancells or you never owned the car.

This is either a wannabe, a liar or a student doing a 'social interactions' study.

/my 2p

well i used adrian flux and its 1200 tpft but i said it was a single turbo conversion from a N/A, they never actually asked what turbo it was or how fast it was so i think ive just got possibly the best insurance deal in the world, by the way thats inc bodykit etc...

well i used adrian flux and its 1200 tpft but i said it was a single turbo conversion from a N/A, they never actually asked what turbo it was or how fast it was so i think ive just got possibly the best insurance deal in the world, by the way thats inc bodykit etc...

get some pics up then laddy:D otherwise im with lewis on this one, (sniff sniff):rolleyes:

Hi mate. I was in the same position. My gearbox was grinding and clunking and then the clutch and flywheel broke which added to the problems. Im 21 as well, I have little savings and although my job pays quite well and im ok with money i had to wait 2 weeks to save up to pay for it. Unfortunatly i put the bill (850 after the £500 warranty) on top of a loan i have so its now alot higher than i want it to be. I knew the risks when i bought the car. Honestly though, 21 with a Turbo conversion... is that wise if you cant afford the repairs?:blink:

Same with my Mods. They didnt ask alloys size, suspension type or exhaust type. Performance direct just wanted a rough idea of what was on the car!