The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift indicators

Paul372

i ve brought a pair of facelift indicators and was wondering how easy they are to fit, has anyone fitted these and could give me a few pointers please how to fit them. would it be easyer to fit them with the front bumper till attached to the car or to remove it.

There are quite a few guides. Here is the best one IMO:

http://www.i-macca.co.uk/temp/How%20...indicators.doc

The hardest part was removing the nut on the outer side of the drivers side orange blob (took me ages - it was proper seized). I went for the drilling the extra hole option in the bumper (more stable). If it wasn't for the tricky nut, this is an easy sub one hour job. Deffo keep the bumper on.

Hi Paul

As your supe is a prefacelift you will need to get facelift wiring looms from Mr T I have the part number at home and can get it to you later, unless someone else can chip in meanwhile ;)

The looms need some cuting and soldering and you will have to remove your headlights to get reasonable access. You will also find an extra bolt on the side of the indicator unit that needs removing - just unscrew it. There are guides for fitting facelift indicators which I found here on the forum, with pics :D have a search as they are very useful. My knowledge of electronics is limited but even I could do it!! :D

If there is no undertray under your bumper, you can put the supe on axle stands, pull back the covering in front of your wheels and grovel around underneath to reach the fixings better.

Its fiddly but fun :) Good luck!

Linda

x

Easy mate, although watch out for the soldering iron as it works too damn well on items of clothing!

It took me about 2-3 hours, in the rain mind, but that was with some perfection wiring and soldering going on and wired into the sidelights too.

As mentioned above, that guide is certainly BEST. ;)

Good luck.

Greg